Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

i had a dream about a future mission impossible movie where tom cruise (or some stuntman) jumped off the CN tower with a parachute, and landed on the slanted roof of the ritz where he kept on sliding because of the slanted roof on his way to doom, and fell off and landed on the roof of a car. it was epic.

Maybe instead he'd land on shamu in the tank at Ripley's?

The most recent construction webcam shot is showing a lot of progress on the tower section as well as the western roof of the podium

sTRbV.jpg

Not sure what is going on at the western roof area of the podium....HVAC?

Androiduk,

Thanks for the post.

You were the first one to make a post about additional 3 floors. Later, Interchange 24, on the strength of an 'authoritative' quote from none other than Rick Dhanzi -- vice-president, marketing -- had made a post denying any such intention on the part of Canderel. You had to back down.

Now, in all fairness to you, it is time for Interchange 24 to say sorry to you for putting more faith in the words of a developer than one of its own and, publicly, take a vow to never again take at face value whagtever comes out of the mouth of developers.

I said this a while back. Like last year in April or something. lol

Another follow up question, Guys.

AURA is estimated to be around 45 floor, constructed, by the end of the year.

Then, the units have to be finished to make them occupancy ready. Probably, only 40 floors will be ready for occupancy by the year end. Correct?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Almost certainly no units will be ready for occupancy by this year's end. Some of the retail at the base maybe. But the residences won't likely be ready till later in 2013.

So, the Committee of Adjustment meeting is currently underway...

Does anyone know if we'll get the official approval today as well?

Almost certainly no units will be ready for occupancy by this year's end. Some of the retail at the base maybe. But the residences won't likely be ready till later in 2013.

I have a unit on the 23rd floor, which, according to Aura, will be ready for occupancy in July 2012. Sounds unlikely!

thanks for posting that!

wow. this building is truly huge. the space on the inside is mammoth! this building will have it all!

I'm surprised why this isn't considered a mixed-use building. considering the first 5 floors of the tower are all retail shops and other facilities. that counts towards the height of the building doesn't it?

Back