Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

One would like signature buildings such as this one (and its height and location make it a signature site and building) to have architecture that is less banal. Don't get me wrong..I actually like the building, but it won't be one we will look back on and think of as a symbol of the city. Perhaps with all of this development at the 70 - 80 storey (condo) height it will set the stage in the future for a 90-storey building that is makes more of a statement. Then this one can be a very visible member of the supporting cast.

In fact it will look taller than Scotia as well from most angles I think. Interesting, guess we just need to hope they use top notch materials all the way up and down.

Wow, that's great news! It's a good thing this building is going to be making that sort of impact instead of some others in the surrounding area..

.. right now, there's no denying. THIS WILL BE A LANDMARK BUILDING. no matter where you go. this thing will be boss. just massive.

Hold your horses guys. No counting chickens... The city hasn't approved the additional floors yet. The hearing is on Jan 25!

Hey, let's get Tom Cruise to make a movie in Toronto where he bounces around the exterior of this building. That'll give it some international exposure.

i had a dream about a future mission impossible movie where tom cruise (or some stuntman) jumped off the CN tower with a parachute, and landed on the slanted roof of the ritz where he kept on sliding because of the slanted roof on his way to doom, and fell off and landed on the roof of a car. it was epic.

Back