Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

This building is basically a supertall version of those junky student rentals they're building in Waterloo.

I expect it to be 95% students/rentals living here, with insane loud parties, trash basically. Like I said--a vertical Milton subdivision.

Let's see if I'm right...c.2020.
Guess we'll have a whole lot of pretty wealthy students. Not!

This building is basically a supertall version of those junky student rentals they're building in Waterloo.

Perhaps the hatred you feel towards RoCP has clouded your vision just a little? As much as you might think/want, Aura is NOT a typical Canderel building (or any typical building for that matter).

I’m sorry, but you will be disappointed.

Cheap materials, installed by cheap contractors who can not follow instructions and cut corners. From what I know the same contractors who installed the faulty piping at RoCP are working on AURA. I expect the building to start falling apart after about 4-5 years of being registered.

The way you describe RoCP, you’d wonder why it hasn’t collapsed yet… Strange that these two buildings have made a fortune for investors and remain the highest price/sqft in the area. :confused:

I guess real estate purchasers don’t care about quality finishes or building structure.

The way you describe RoCP, you’d wonder why it hasn’t collapsed yet… Strange that these two buildings have made a fortune for investors and remain the highest price/sqft in the area. :confused:

I guess real estate purchasers don’t care about quality finishes or building structure.

I have lived in RoCP for five years and I am very happy with it. Excellent soundproofing and reliable building systems, for the most part, and my apartment was well finished. I have lived in condos for the past 24 years (Liberties, Lexington, 80 Charles East) and it is by far the best. I know people here are mostly interested in architecture and couldn't care less about how the building actually works (otherwise we would hear about the long-standing plumbing problems at Mozo, for instance), but frankly I don't think Aura will become a glorified rooming house. Karma, on the other hand...

More progress from the Aura webcam

canderelaurampr1.jpg

This is Yonge and Gerrard - not King and Bay or the waterfront. Just look at all the horrible buildings around this area.

This seems a rather sad excuse for a defence: "This is Yonge and Gerrard....Just look at all the horrible buildings around this area"

?

I take it that Aura will therefore be the Mother Of All Horrible Buildings that bestrew the Yonge Gerrard area.

The area is a mixed bag, there are some great buildings in the area too.

I have lived in RoCP for five years and I am very happy with it. Excellent soundproofing and reliable building systems, for the most part, and my apartment was well finished. I have lived in condos for the past 24 years (Liberties, Lexington, 80 Charles East) and it is by far the best. I know people here are mostly interested in architecture and couldn't care less about how the building actually works (otherwise we would hear about the long-standing plumbing problems at Mozo, for instance), but frankly I don't think Aura will become a glorified rooming house. Karma, on the other hand...

I know a couple people in ROCP and they like it ... similar comment about the sound.

I expect it to be 95% students/rentals living here, with insane loud parties, trash basically. Like I said--a vertical Milton subdivision.

Let's see if I'm right...c.2020.

Care to explain to me how students can pay $2,000/month rent. I know there's a few students out there who will have mommy and daddy pay for it or will sell their bodies to pay for it. But i just don't see enough of those students to fill 70 floors worth of condo.
I bet the bank you're wrong, but then again from what I've noticed your all talk so why bother.

Does anyone know what will happen to that right turn only lane on Yonge?

I take it that Aura will therefore be the Mother Of All Horrible Buildings that bestrew the Yonge Gerrard area.

Have you even seen a render/model or Aura?
Whether you like the design or not it will be nothing like any of the buildings(horrible or not) in the vicinity.

The cinema was sort of average as I remember it but it had lots of flashing lights on it's marquee and big "Coronet" signs illumined with green neon facing both Gerrard and Yonge Street. It looked better from pictures I've seen of it when it was the Savoy (pre-1960's).
There's some other good stock around this area, some of it run down or covered with signs, but it's there. Then of course there's College Park.

Does anyone know what will happen to that right turn only lane on Yonge?

Someone posted a link to a city document dealing with changes to that corner; apparently the turn lane will be maintained but shortened.

Back