Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Another pocket cellphone pic:

photo-106.jpg

From last night, whilst chillin' on Yonge Street.

I cannot wait until this is finished. Out of all the condos going up this is my favourite and (in my opinion) the most important. There used to be, of course, a street-level parking lot there that was a TOTAL waste of space and did NOT belong downtown. The fact that they are replacing it with a condo that is visually appealing and has retail at the base is a victory for downtown development. It will revitalise the area (unless of course you get some nimbys who move in their and then complain about the noise).

^^ Anyone else notice Zanzibar got some special treatment during the recent Sidewalk Reno? The whole section infront of the joint is the black slate. Looks good still.

^^ Is that LED sign also new? I just noticed it yesterday for the first time? Either it's new or I really need to start paying attention to my surroundings over my phone while i walk up Yonge :s

^^ Is that LED sign also new? I just noticed it yesterday for the first time? Either it's new or I really need to start paying attention to my surroundings over my phone while i walk up Yonge :s

don't worry, i though the EXACT same thing!!! it even looked sorta photoshopped in Caltrane's pic.... I probably didn't notice it since i usually walk on the west side of Yonge-Street in that area,

My company gave me a beat up iPhone, and I still love it. My two bosses above me got the latest IPhone and they live by it... Now the two of them have plans to revolutionize the Internet because of it. My co-workers got androids.

Anyways, back to skyscrapers, which I love.

Isn't great to know that developers in Toronto are so powerful, that when this round of construction ends, or this boom ends, that they have the resources to acquire large properties, developed or not for the next round of mega construction. We were in the hole for so long, almost written off. But my observation is that really smart people, the smartest people want to be in Toronto. And developers are gonna make sure all these smarties have places to work and places to live in their area of preference: Downtown Toronto.

now THAT's a fresh angle! ^^^

Here's an OT question.. You know how they demolished the old FutureShop to make way for the New Ryerson building?.... To my understanding, all buildings (tall or short) are excavated below ground... so why, (when the demolish it), do they bring it back up to grade when they'll have to excavate it again when the build the new building?

now THAT's a fresh angle! ^^^

Here's an OT question.. You know how they demolished the old FutureShop to make way for the New Ryerson building?.... To my understanding, all buildings (tall or short) are excavated below ground... so why, (when the demolish it), do they bring it back up to grade when they'll have to excavate it again when the build the new building?

Maybe the hole if sitting there for a long time will fill up with snow/ rain water, and they would have to pump it out

Back