Hamilton Augusta Block Buildings 2 & 3 | ?m | 8s | Core Urban Inc. | Lintack Architects

Honestly, a bit too rectangular
Chris, they only know how to make architecture with rectangles these day lol

but yes for CORE URBAN it's def too rectangular. But it reminds me of the old victorian era storefronts, so I am happy about that :) - hopefully itll have some nice brass or gold lettering on it :)

looking forward to see those street overhangs / awnings installed as per the renders
meee toooo :)

I've been waiting this whole time for that thing to be installed hahaha.. I do love innovating looking things and I am curious to see if its a suspension cable type look and how that looks all around,

I just realized that the north side of Augusta St gives me Allentown/Allen St, Buffalo vibes
Screenshot_20240603-214309-903.png
Screenshot_20240603-214400-080.png

I know it's not the same, it just struck me now and I never realized it before.

Last edited:
Love that bar. Feels nostalgic going in there. In Canada restaurants are always trying so hard to be something. It feels fake. Gabriel's Gate is authentic, something that seems to have been lost in Canada in the past 10 or so years.

Love that bar. Feels nostalgic going in there. In Canada restaurants are always trying so hard to be something. It feels fake. Gabriel's Gate is authentic, something that seems to have been lost in Canada in the past 10 or so years.
I mean, it's just a bar. It once was trying to be something too. Atmosphere isn't a waste of time, otherwise we'd all sit home and drink instead. 10, 15, 20 years the bars that are still around will be "authentic" too because they're part of the cultural nostalgia. The Brain is a good example of an authentic feeling place because it's been a James St staple for over a decade.

I mean, it's just a bar. It once was trying to be something too. Atmosphere isn't a waste of time, otherwise we'd all sit home and drink instead. 10, 15, 20 years the bars that are still around will be "authentic" too because they're part of the cultural nostalgia. The Brain is a good example of an authentic feeling place because it's been a James St staple for over a decade.
Hard to describe in words what I'm trying to say. If you're ever in Buffalo, go visit Gabriel's Gate. You'll know what I mean.

Showed this project (via text) to my best friend in Buffalo.
He said:
"That new build is really nice looking. I can't believe they don't build anything like that in Buffalo. I would totally move into something like that... Well if it was affordable."

For what it's worth guys I meant the area of Hamilton to that part of Buffalo--Allentown not just the pub known as Gabriel's Gate. A familiar feel while still being different.

Back