Hamilton Augusta Block Buildings 2 & 3 | ?m | 8s | Core Urban Inc. | Lintack Architects

1000007610.png

It woulda been really cool if they ran track lighting to make it light up - maybe they still will..?

Also are those trees gonna become an issue? They are awfully close to it in some places.. that part feels like MAAYBE it wasn't planned the best - I mean sure you can prune but still.. not a lot of room for them to spread.. unless they bend north towards the light..

This is generally why trees are planted in the boulevard right beside the road, to give them room to spread out.. maybe this tree species is different though, I don't immediately recognize the type..

The perimeter canopy seems unnecessary. It's almost always shaded by the building itself, so it won't really block any sun. Canopies like this are usually best for the south and west sides of buildings. Here, it's not doing much except maybe looking kind of nice and offering a little bit of rain cover (though not much, it's pretty narrow).

The perimeter canopy seems unnecessary. It's almost always shaded by the building itself, so it won't really block any sun. Canopies like this are usually best for the south and west sides of buildings. Here, it's not doing much except maybe looking kind of nice and offering a little bit of rain cover (though not much, it's pretty narrow).
Honestly I'll never put down a canopy - it helps to break up the floors a bit and we are in severe need of them stylistically - since pretty much all victorian wood and stone buildings had them back in the day, although the stone versions were cloth and could be retracted. The wood ones were just kinda saloon styled.

Back