Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

Satuday, November 4th

Aqualuna.1.jpg

I'm a bit worried about the undersides of the balcony - could they paint them orange / copper ? Otherwise I think the plain white will stand out.

I'm a bit worried about the undersides of the balcony - could they paint them orange / copper ? Otherwise I think the plain white will stand out.

That has crossed my mind as well, hopefully they do something, otherwise it looks very unfinished.

They will remain white according to the renders. I think white balcony undersides look good and add contrast to a building.

28152-96984.jpeg

I think that's pretty unfortunate, it looks ok in the render above as it's making the rest of the cladding look much darker than it actually is - which by the way to be clear, I love (the actual cladding colour). But the white is going to stand out, you can already see it in the pictures above.

In general, people around here are far too keen to offer strong opinions on projects before they are finished.
...especially when one can see where it's all going. So there's nothing really wrong with that.

One thing I wonder about with the cool looking custom stuff tho, is what happens with the inevitable repair or replacement. The number of things in my building that need to wait for repair because there’s only one vendor or service on the planet, and they only work three hours a week or use adamantium. Not sure if there was a similar issue at nearby Clear Spirit, but a balcony fire months back had seen things boarded up with plywood until, it seems, recently.

One thing I wonder about with the cool looking custom stuff tho, is what happens with the inevitable repair or replacement. The number of things in my building that need to wait for repair because there’s only one vendor or service on the planet, and they only work three hours a week or use adamantium. Not sure if there was a similar issue at nearby Clear Spirit, but a balcony fire months back had seen things boarded up with plywood until, it seems, recently.
Ah, the coveted cool looking custom copper paint, made by the fabled underground alchemists of Unicornia. I hear one has to travel on horseback for several a fortnight in order to get hold of the stuff.

In general, people around here are far too keen to offer strong opinions on projects before they are finished.

Though you can tell how a project will go way before they are finished when there is enough to inform those strong opinions.

Given you can't get it, it won't be adamantium - it would be unobtainium (i.e. material of choice for renderers trying to depict glazing for area residential projects).

AoD

Back