Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

Though you can tell how a project will go way before they are finished when there is enough to inform those strong opinions.

Given you can't get it, it won't be adamantium - it would be unobtainium (i.e. material of choice for renderers trying to depict glazing for area residential projects).

AoD

Been waiting a week and a half for something to get fixed because of the supply chain issue on vibranium

Hey look!

IMG_5258.jpeg
IMG_5253.jpeg
IMG_5254.jpeg
IMG_5250.jpeg

aqualuna-05.jpg

aqualuna-07.jpg

aqualuna-06.jpg

Walking around this area, it's interesting to note that Waterfront Toronto put a lot of work into the parks, Sugar Beach and
Promenade and they're very nice, but none of the buildings -- the good ones or the bad ones -- made any effort to create interesting, human-scaled spaces on their ground floors. It's just uniform expanses of blank glass, brick and precast in what's supposed to be a nice waterfront district.

I've been thinking about this recently because there's this one corner in Regent Park that is a cozy magnet for activity, but it's just this one corner. The rest of regent park is the same with a focus on big, blank and empty. It's possible to build nice spaces and people appreciate it when it happens, but it rarely happens.

aqualuna-08.jpg

Nov 25
Lot more up on my site
53364649372_77663a3552_b.jpg

53365993290_74ab8e3e93_b.jpg

53365743498_86e3d010d7_b.jpg

53365858034_6f78f81ac2_b.jpg

53365992735_d5e37bb686_b.jpg

53364648967_5ee5fb9787_b.jpg

53365857894_0e0c6f542b_b.jpg

View attachment 521501

View attachment 521502

View attachment 521503

Walking around this area, it's interesting to note that Waterfront Toronto put a lot of work into the parks, Sugar Beach and
Promenade and they're very nice, but none of the buildings -- the good ones or the bad ones -- made any effort to create interesting, human-scaled spaces on their ground floors. It's just uniform expanses of blank glass, brick and precast in what's supposed to be a nice waterfront district.

I've been thinking about this recently because there's this one corner in Regent Park that is a cozy magnet for activity, but it's just this one corner. The rest of regent park is the same with a focus on big, blank and empty. It's possible to build nice spaces and people appreciate it when it happens, but it rarely happens.

View attachment 521504
100% agreed, although I'd point out that in Regent Park the Daniels Artworks building also decent ground realm (at least compared to the rest of Regent Park) on Dundas, and may look even better if they get some restaurants patios along there. Similarly, on Queens Quay East, as much as everyone hates the Daniels towers, the Daniels buildings may have the best ground realm (some color, angles breaking up the sheets of glass, some stone, varied cladding) of anything in that area (admittedly a low bar), or at least it feels that way because they've put in some interesting food retail instead of being all dental clinics.

Back