Toronto Accolade Condo | ?m | 34s | Tridel | Burka

I love the density in the Eglinton / DVP node! I'll have to take a drive around here to see how all the new development is fitting in. When I first saw this thread I thought that the Crowne Plaza hotel had been sacrificed, but I see it survives. Brings back memories of when I was in management training with McD's, they always put us up there...

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but in addition to this tower being built on the Crowne land, there are also some retirement condo residences being built on the south east side of the property. Does anyone have any renderings of that?

Delmanor Wynford

wynfordexterior_500.jpg

http://www.delmanor.com/wynford/

Accolade Photography

Some recent photography of the four sides of Accolade taken last week.

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

This has topped out now i think. i counted 34 floors but maybe im wrong and its a little less. its close anyway. nice shots its looking really nice

I'm pretty sure @ 34s the residential floors are all built ... what's left now is the 2-tier roof-top mechancial elements ... which I understand is going to be lit up at night ... that should make the drive up DVP a little bit more exciting

What colours is it going to be lit in, hopefully not white. Because i dont like white lighting, we get enough of it from the windows. i would rather have blue green or anything other than white. how about red, that would look cool

Cladding looks much better in those photos than in person. Because Tridel hasn't gone with full floor to ceiling windows, in the bright sun you get this ugly box effect with every window opening.

May 9 2009 update

Accolade's definitely completed its top residential floor (34th) ... now working on the mechanical floors and rooftop architectural elements ~

this would've been my new home ... before I changed my mind and went to Solaris :)

South View
IMG_3766.jpg

Southwest View
IMG_3770.jpg

West View
IMG_3772.jpg

It reminds me of CrystalBlu. Except the crazy colour which I assume will be quite different on that project haha.

It reminds me of CrystalBlu. Except the crazy colour which I assume will be quite different on that project haha.
Ya the glass is kind of weird on this.its kind of like a neon blue. At least it isn't green glass like everything elce.

I like the glass colour, it's lively.

May 18 2009 update

curtain wall / spandrels nearing completion at the Accolade ~ :)

IMG_0359.jpg

Back