Toronto Accolade Condo | ?m | 34s | Tridel | Burka

Just drove by this today... My apologies to the photographers on the last page, but those pictures really don't do this building much justice. I think the shade of blue, in person, is looking quite impressive.

I drove by this one yesterday. In the bright light of a sunny day it is so....BLUE!
It certainly gets full points for being so striking, but geeze, that glass..is so..BLUE !
Do I like it? Yeah I guess. Nice vertcal lines happening as its going up. Very clean, uncluttered look so far.
But, wow this thing is....BLUE!
I wonder as a resident living there, what will it be like looking out from behind that glass. Is it going to have a polarizing effect like a camera filter or is everything outside going to look....BLUE! You photographers out there.. What does a blue filter do to a photo?

March 7 2009 update

Accolade @ the 29th floor ~ :)

IMG_3482.jpg

Building is a little slanty but overall the form is not too bulky. This highrise area of Toronto has density but lacks any sort of masterplan or coherence. If this tower had to be built anywhere in the city I'm happy it is here rather than Queen and Portland, for example.

Best view of this tower is from the DVP (from which is hard to stop to take a proper photo)... so here's the next best thing.

DSCN4348.jpg

DSCN4349.jpg

I really, really like the colour. It's a much welcomed sight as you head up or down the DVP surrounded by brown and grey buildings. I think it may also be a playful salute to the splash of shiny colour from the Home Depot building just north of it.

Again, I'm not sure my pics do the colour much justice as well. It really should be seen in person.

That would be Burka's very progressive, very modern Rosewood development which Casaguy also shot that day.

Rosewood Thread

Here is an old picture from Archivist which illustrates the relationship between the three buildings a little better...

2 Cranes in background = Rosewood
2 Cranes in foreground = Accolade

RosewoodUC01.jpg

Last edited:
That pre-cast is rather unfortunate.

The colour is lovely though! It has this fresh, summery, beach look about it. (Is winter ending yet?)

Accolade Photo February 27, 2009

Here's a photo of the southwest corner taken February 27, 2009.

20090227-accolade-sw.jpg

March 28 2009 update

wow Accolade is shooting up fast ... they beginning to pour the top (34th) residential floor !!

looking back to March 7th, it was only on the 29th floor ... that's 5 floors in 3 weeks, now THAT'S efficiency :D

Northwest Elevation
IMG_3606.jpg

Southwest Elevation
IMG_3608.jpg

Back