Toronto Accolade Condo | ?m | 34s | Tridel | Burka

December 2 2008 update

drive-by shooting ... wow this little guy is really going up quickly, its already on the 15th floor a week ago

what's interest to also note is the blue glass being installed (as proposed in original rendering), certainly something different ~ :D

IMG_2848.jpg

wow ... and I thought that was simply a marketing ploy ... that indeed looks very blue. Interesting.

interesting for maybe 2002 however, blue spandrel and probably glass (to follow) has lost almost all its appeal since (at least, IMHO)

December 12 2008 update

Accolade reaches the 18th floor on this COLDdddd winter night ~

South Elevation
IMG_2891.jpg

I don't see how the blue color can be a bad thing when you consider the location. Theres nothing but concrete buildings for miles on end, cept for a couple of indistinctive mid rise office buildings, in that area.

January 5 2009 update

Accolade's on the 19th floor ~ seems like construction slowed down over the holidays notwithstanding my earlier comment on this tower rising quickly :)

West View
IMG_3069.jpg

Southwest View
IMG_3070.jpg

Detail Blue Glass + Spandrel Panels - seems pretty cool
IMG_3071.jpg

Hmm. Maybe this is where London's Kentucky Blue Glass has been going.

I used to live nearby at Eglinton / Victoria Park and I've always loved the Don Mills area for it's high density style of living... I think the sapphire blue glass looks pretty amazing, especially in the context of the neighbouring towers which are mainly beige, red or white.

driving by yesterday on the DVP ... seems like Accolade is making really good progress ...

by my count (while driving) it was on the 23rd or 24th floor already :D

Does anyone else think of either a soft drink or a coctail with juice when they look at the name of this development??

February 10 2009 update

yup ... Accolade's on the 24th floor :)

IMG_0725.jpg

Back