Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Very cool. Proud to be able to say I live in the world's best new skyscraper! The building has it's issues but they are gorgeous. Love the comments - so many Sauga haters lol.

Congratulation's!
beerchug.gif
beer.gif

That's great news for Mississauga! I think it's time we had another MAD project in the GTA.....Fernbrook/Cityzen, how 'bout it?? :D

Downtown needs more buildings with a vision like this, instead of plain boxes with balcony flourishes.

Long time forum fan but rare commenter and non-GTA resident. Nevertheless, I am very familiar with the Absolute World project and agree with the general consensus that the buildings are easy on the eyes and are a welcome addition to the GTA. My only complaint about the building is the way it meets the street. The curves of the towers contrast somewhat jarringly with the rectilinear angles and straight lines of the stacked townhouses. Perhaps this was the intent, but it is not a harmonious union. I can't help but think that a base that incorporated the same aesthetics seen in Douglas Cardinal's Canadian Museum of Civilization (minus the limestone) would have been eye popping. Still hats off Mississauga, you've got a gem!

Long time forum fan but rare commenter and non-GTA resident. Nevertheless, I am very familiar with the Absolute World project and agree with the general consensus that the buildings are easy on the eyes and are a welcome addition to the GTA. My only complaint about the building is the way it meets the street. The curves of the towers contrast somewhat jarringly with the rectilinear angles and straight lines of the stacked townhouses. Perhaps this was the intent, but it is not a harmonious union. I can't help but think that a base that incorporated the same aesthetics seen in Douglas Cardinal's Canadian Museum of Civilization (minus the limestone) would have been eye popping. Still hats off Mississauga, you've got a gem!

I agree. Something with a little more curves like the Museum of Civilization would have been more fitting. I believe the podium was actually designed by Burka Architects and not MAD. It also would have been nice if they designed the three other towers in the Absolute complex to be more in line with the curves of Absolute I and II. Still beautiful towers though!

Last edited:
I agree. Something with a little more curves like the Museum of Civilization would have been more fitting. I believe the podium was actually designed by Burka Architects and not MAD. It also would have been nice if they designed the three other towers in the Absolute complex to be more in line with the curves of Absolute I and II. Still beautiful towers though!
Those 3 towers were designed and built before these two towers started their design competition. If all 5 buildings looked the same, it would be too monotonous for me.

Those 3 towers were designed and built before these two towers started their design competition. If all 5 buildings looked the same, it would be too monotonous for me.

Yeah that makes sense that they were designed and built before the Marylin towers. I don't think they should be exactly the same but it would be nice if they weren't so different since they are part of the same complex. The facades facing the streets aren't too bad, but the sides I see from my window are quite plain.

Sept 17
They had 2 crews working today. Its a mess mash of installing these things.
9828965135_9b9d75b081_b.jpg

9829052413_683f027f20_b.jpg

9828961574_a081e1af44_b.jpg

9828990195_454659bf7c_b.jpg

9829073993_49dd3d10cb_b.jpg

Back