Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

A similar design to the future 69 storey Signature Tower might add a bit of a flair to CityPlace.

I'd prefer something a bit more 'signature' along the same lines. Something like Gensler's Shanghai Tower (632m).

LIPSH_ShanghaiTower08_081124.jpg

City place needs something angular, more like the Shanghai WFC. Getting some curvaceous tower in City place - or just about anywhere downtown - would look quite out of place. Some may interpret that as an apology for BA/FCP boxes, and to some extent it is. There are creative ways to include angels in a building though, the Heart Tower for instance.

February 22 2009 update

the deep "Absolute World" hole ...

good construction speed happening here ... seems like tower 'D' is starting the 2nd floor ~

IMG_3474.jpg

underground parking for tower 'E' inching its way towards ground ~

IMG_3475.jpg

here you see the elevator core of tower 'E'

IMG_3476.jpg

This one is being built differently than other towers I've seen built in Mississauga. The core seems to be constructed first.

It's going to be very interesting watching these buildings. Khristopher, you're so lucky to have a view of it =P. (if that's the side you face)

This one is being built differently than other towers I've seen built in Mississauga. The core seems to be constructed first.

I think because each floor plate (above the 6th floor) rotates 3 degrees, they have to raise the core a couple of floors above before they place the forms.

Just my 2c.

there's a new magazine called View - Mississauga's Condo Lifestyle Magazine which had its debut today...there is a short overview of all the MCC projects in one article, and it contains the following quotes from Danny Salvatore of Fernbrook Homes regarding the Marilyn building...

"Right now we're out of the ground. When the building goes up and we see it taking shape, it will be exciting too. It won't be able to take shape until the tenth floor. (Then) each floor rotates three degrees."

Sounds like there will be a twist to the building - I always thought that it was just the balconies, with variable widths, that would cause the curvy effect.

Sounds like there will be a twist to the building - I always thought that it was just the balconies, with variable widths, that would cause the curvy effect.

It is my understanding that each of the units are off very slightly, which made the floor plans rather difficult. The servicing for the tower is also planned to be constructed rather unconventionally as the floor-stacks for plumbing and HVAC won't line up properly using conventional methods.

Back