Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

pretty sure they jacked the crane at Absolute 4 today - it looks a lot higher than it was yesterday....:)

a.jpg

This is why I don't get why so many on this forum want Yonge and other streets narrowed down to 2 lanes. Wide streets are the norm in big cities. A narrower Yonge St. would destroy the big-city look and feel.

This is why I don't get why so many on this forum want Yonge and other streets narrowed down to 2 lanes. Wide streets are the norm in big cities. A narrower Yonge St. would destroy the big-city look and feel.

I walked on the Champs-Elysees last fall and it was awful for pedestrians. The pollution was terrible as well.

Cities should be designed for people, not cars.

It depends on the city. The oldest streets in most cities are the narrowest. Here we'd still have the likes of Jarvis, University, and Spadina for that big-city look.

Absoluteworld #4 starting to rise....pic by Jasonzed at SSC...

mississauga1366.jpg

Cool! First floor is up. These should be interesting to watch go up as they are so different then anything else we've seen in Toronto or its suburbs.

At the current rate, we are going to see a floor every 2 week considering the first floor took close to 3 weeks.

Since it has reach grade, I have pick one 5 sites to shoot from about every 2 weeks that will/hope full a time lap of the building that will fit the final photo of construction. I don't think I can a full height shot from the east since the road slops down.

IMG_april-11-09-0026.jpg

IMG_april-11-09-0029.jpg

IMG_april-11-09-0030.jpg

IMG_april-11-09-0032.jpg

IMG_april-11-09-0035.jpg

IMG_april-11-09-0037.jpg

thx for the updates, drum.....interesting to note how close the 2 Absoluteworld towers will be to each other - especially being so tall, it will really be interesting to see them side-by-side...:)

slow but steady progress on Absolute #4, aka Absoluteworld #1, aka Marilyn......in a sea of automobiles........

pic by Jasonzed at SSC...

Mississauga1513.jpg

May 6

Third floor pour and working on the support for the 4th
IMG_april-06-09-0045.JPG

Looks like early June before a ground for tower 2
IMG_april-06-09-0046.JPG

IMG_april-06-09-0048.JPG

IMG_april-06-09-0049.JPG

IMG_april-06-09-0050.JPG

IMG_april-06-09-0051.JPG

IMG_april-06-09-0054.JPG

IMG_april-06-09-0055.JPG

Last edited:
The lobby is really tall for this one. It's so awesome to watch this going up. It's kind of slow, but they seem to be picking up the pace a bit now.

Those floorplates seem pretty small- I was under the impression that they would at least 1.5 times the size they are now. On the construction side of things, this is picking up speed now, or at least so it seems.

p5

Back