Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I'd keep it as is, that's not tower in a park, the park's only that small site.

Hes referring to the built form and is correct in calling it a tower in a park. In fact, the entire southeast corner of Hurontario/Burnhamthorpe is made up of towers in the park.

The rest of the site is surface parking and more trees. It doesn't have to be a 'park' to be considered 'tower in the park'.

I didn't mean it wasn't tower in a park (I do know what that means), I meant that even though it is, those buildings aren't disconnected from the neighbourhood, which is the main evil of tower-in-a-park.

I didn't mean it wasn't tower in a park (I do know what that means), I meant that even though it is, those buildings aren't disconnected from the neighbourhood, which is the main evil of tower-in-a-park.

But the space isn't being used to its full potential... another evil of tower in a park.

I live in the Kaneff buildings, and they are definitely towers in a park. The whole area is. That corner isn't even part of MCC officially, which I find strange.

I also found it surprising that the other towers were so average and seemingly uninfluenced by the sophistication of the flagship towers.

Absolute World was designed after the first two towers had already started construction. All 3 Absolute buildings had already been designed.

Absolute World was designed after the first two towers had already started construction. All 3 Absolute buildings had already been designed.

Yup. The contest was held after at least the first or second building were built/under construction.

Yeah, I gotta admit, although the first three are basically like every single condo, the northeast-facing side looks spectacular coming in from Burn'thorpe

update courtesy of Jasonzed over at SSC....Absolute #4...

mississauga796.jpg

mississauga802.jpg

Absolute #5 in the foreground....

mississauga799.jpg

mississauga800.jpg

Back