Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

There is rebar sticking up over the hoarding at Marilyn....they are above ground and out of the hole!!

I wish people would stop calling it Marilyn personally. It's Abslolute World!

I shall go take some photos of this tomorrow!

Resign yourself to it Khris: unless AW's execution is nothing like the renders, Marilyn will stick. Besides, Absolute World is an idiotic name. The whole Absolute naming scheme is absolute crap.

What's worse is that the city even renamed the street Absolute Ave. Granted, it was previously Clarica Drive.

and before that it was Mutual Drive or something.

Personally I love the Marilyn moniker.

photo update of Absolute 4 aka Marilyn, pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

love that rebar!....

mississauga711.jpg

mississauga719.jpg

mississauga710.jpg

I doubt an urban format grocery store (one without lots of parking) would be profitable in MCC. Perhaps in the distant future though.

I doubt an urban format grocery store (one without lots of parking) would be profitable in MCC. Perhaps in the distant future though.

Loblaws on Jarvis does fine downtown I believe, and they have lots of parking.
Lots of people would be able to walk there without having to drive. The 5 new buildings when they're all complete, as well as all of the buildings on the south side of Burnhamthorpe, and on the west side of Hurontario. Plus all the houses and the new townhome complex and seniors living centre on the east side of the development.
The Metro is just too tiny, and this area needs a large grocery store very badly.

Last edited:

Back