Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Re: Absolute Final Phase

Too bad they didn't have the foresight to have started with this style of towers from the beginning.

Nonetheless, these buildings will undoubtedly be synonymous with Mississauga.

CN Tower is to Toronto as "The Curvy Ladies" are to Mississauga.

Visit Mississauga, where the architecture's so nice that we always build it twice! (or three times, or four...)

marilyn2.jpg

Yeah, build a whole bunch of garishly coloured Marilyns, and it'll remind me of that totally 80s office building thing NW of Hurontario and 403

Clad one in red glass and it'll look just like Björk at the end of her 'Cocoon' video...

The concept for the fifth tower is to be the 'masculin' counterpart to the 'feminine' form of the Marilyn building. The developer is calling it Ma's version of the Yin and the Yang.

The height is 50 floors (Absolute One is 56). Prices range from about $190,00 to $420,000 (start at roughly $400 psf). All units will have deep wrap around balconies and floor to ceiling windows.

Both towers are planned to be constructed at the same time.

Crap, it is serious.

So we have one landmark tower, then mass produce it so its suddenly no longer a landmark tower.

Shit. Developers have absolutely no imagination. They might as well start producing cookie cutter Empire State Buildings. No wait, Daniels already does that.

^^ Are we talking about a penis shappend tower? One that will out foster foster? 50 story penis in Sauga? Hurrontario will be the new Gaytown. Put a wedding chapel on top and it will be a big draw.

I can see it now, the gay day parade coming down Hurrontarion.

So we have one landmark tower, then mass produce it so its suddenly no longer a landmark tower.

... so the World Trade Center Towers weren't landmark towers because there were 2 of them?

As long as they don't go building them all of the city and the world, they're a duo of towers that constitute one landmark.

I'm suprised at what I'm reading. I always found Absolute to be a bit silly with just the one tower, though I do love the design. With a second, different tower, I think these will be even more of a landmark and possibly become internationally recognized (though not necessarily associated with Mississauga itself) because of the second tower.

I wonder if the lobby and amenities stuff will also be wavy and designed by Ma...imagine a whole complex that looks like someone who's been rolled up in a carpet and is wriggling free.

Crap, it is serious.

Shit. Developers have absolutely no imagination. They might as well start producing cookie cutter Empire State Buildings. No wait, Daniels already does that.

It's not a landmark tower anymore...it's a landmark complex.

If they started building these all over the world I'd see your point, but considering it's all part of the same complex it will only enhance the status of the project.

I think it's a good idea, though I'd like to see more angles of the second tower. The base looks a little small as well.

Back