Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Hate to say this, but I don't really like this model compared to the earlier renderings (Ma's competition design or the renderings done after design development). This model looks like a Cityplace Matrix tower with a twist in the middle. I was expecting a bit more twist and better materials than that from the renderings.

I agree with Wylie. The base is too bulky and needs to have some slight twist or taper to it.

But who am I to comment on the building - I will not live there. ;)

I agree with wylie and paulbali.

It looks like a rounded condo with a twist in the middle, from that angle anyways.

We've lost something.

The original had poetry, and made my heart sing.

With this, all I see is the technical, the form, the mechanical twist.

It's like the difference between a great concert - where all you're aware of is the music, and the hall and the musicians disappear - and a poor concert where you're painfully aware of the scratchy technique and the missed notes.

With fairness to the model, I believe that's a side perspective of a building which has an oval, as opposed to circular, footprint. The narrowness of the front, combined with the curves is what makes it spectacular. Even the poster that's in the shot shows a better angle.

That was always one of my least favorite entries, blueprint wise it was the easiest building to create a model for, and somehow they've even messed that up.

I was expecting a bit more twist and better materials than that from the renderings.

How can you tell what materials will be used based on a model made out of plastic?

Indeed, I was wondering the same Mike.

The model looks to me, exactly what was to be expected post-Ma drawings. It's a building that... well, it shows grace. Graceful enough to be seen near other buildings which are obviuosly way below its standard.

It will be a landmark, it will look unique from every angle, and should help to inspire future architects. What's not to love?

She may be a fair maiden now, but we all know what happens to fair maidens once they earn their Prince Charming
pregnantbuilding.jpg

The "Landmark" tower being built in Missisauga, Ontario was briefly mentioned in a CBC piece with Ma on the growth and development of Beijing.

Even with that one side view, I believe its fantastic!

Louroz

These are not my words, but I think they're coming true:

It's looking less like Marilyn and more like a dented Pringles can.

Base sucks. Should have continued the same theme or something else out there.

Back