Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

^ Whoa! RoCP III is 70ish storeys? I thought it was stumpy, like II. Did I miss an announcement on that?

That's just a rumour. No ROCP III details yet beyond location and launch sometime this summer.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but won't Absolute become the tallest residentail building in Canada not in TO? I know that the eyesore in Hamilton has been holding on for years- too many in my opinion.

That's just a rumour. No ROCP III details yet beyond location and launch sometime this summer.
Indeed, it may be the most questionable entry on the list in terms of estimated size.
We'll see what the truth is, and if previous rumours/questioning of sales staff proves to be accurate. My hunch is it will not reach so high, but who's to say for sure at this point?
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but won't Absolute become the tallest residentail building in Canada not in TO? I know that the eyesore in Hamilton has been holding on for years- too many in my opinion.
Seems like it. The tall ones in Vancouver are mixed use, and I don't know of any rivals in Montreal or in Calgary.

Did they butcher the base ?

Have to admit, I don't think townhouses are appropriate at the base of such an iconic structure...somehow, imo, they cheapen it....I think the previous glass hotel/conference center/office base looked better.

Everyone goes on about the importance of how a tower "meets the street," but good street-meeting doesn't necessarily come down to low to mid-rise ground-floor retail by a streetcar ROW and a row of freshly planted deciduous (etc, etc, etc...)

I'd argue that good street-meeting also involves bringing the character of the tower to street level as well. There needs to be a connection between the experience of walking by (or into) a tower, and the experience of looking at that tower from afar.

By this scheme, for example, Commerce Court and the TD Centre do excellent jobs of translating their iconic experience into a human-sized one (in Commerce Court's case, by not doing any translation at all, and just plunging into the ground exactly as it hits the sky). That great big cylindrical apartment just east of Yonge (know the one I mean?) is much the same.

So... I quite like the fact that the bottom in the rendering reflects the kind of building the tower turns into above.

Fernbrook delivered brochures for "Absoluteworld" to area real estate offices today....pricing appears to be T.O.-style...about $340.00/square foot, including 1 parking and 1 locker. There is a wide assortment of suite types, from 1BR 545sf to 3BR 1165sf. There is no pricing that I can see yet for penthouses. Maintenance fees will be 36.5 cents/sf.

One example, a 2 bedroom plus den at 880sf, available from the 7th through the 48th floor, begins at $284,000, depending on the floor.

There are two new renderings in the brochure, one nighttime shot ground level, and one aerial daytime...they both look mostly true to the initial rendering, and are both pretty amazing. Apparently they will commence sales to the agency community at 6:00pm on May 25th, then to the general public on June 3rd...Interest is reportedly heavy.

Occupancy date is scheduled for September, 2009. :)

Nightshot.jpg

Overhead.jpg

AoD

Absolute World will be released for a Brookers preview tonight.

It is my understanding the prices will average $360 per square foot, which is well above Mississauga prices. I've also heard that the interior finishings are not exactly what one would expect for those prices.

Apparently the actual tower shape will be a cylinder - much like the matrix (which it has to be so the units are similar shapes from floor to floor rather then constantly changing - which would be a nightmare to sell). The "shape" of the building will be created by the balconies. Each floor the balcony size and shape will shift which is how the "Marilyn" shape will be defined.

It's looking less like Marilyn and more like a dented pringles can.

Back