Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

"The "shape" of the building will be created by the balconies."

Thats interesting as it would mean some people would have very large balconies and thus a lot of overhang above and below the actual units (thus cutting off a lot of natural light in many units).

^ That is my understanding of how it will be acheived.

Floorplans should be available to the public soon - so that should confirm how the tower will actually be structured.

I have unconfirmed sales reports from last night.

Apparently over 7,000 people pre-registered for Absolute World and over 2,000 of those registrants visited the sales office to pick up their information package.

Over 70% of the units have now sold in the brookers preview(subject to 10 day cooling off period). On June 10th the sales centre will open for those who pre-registered.

I've also heard that planning is underway for the fifth and final tower to try to cash in on the hype from Absolute World - especially since it's almost three quarters sold and they haven't even gotten to the thousands of people who pre-registered for the tower.

I guess all the hype obviously worked!

I still say they should build it 75 floors.

I am 4117 on the list.

They could look at building a 2nd MA tower and make it taller

Either way, the demand has been there from day for this building.

I expect to see the building sold out on day one in June when it opens to the public, even with the buyers having to wait until 2009 to move in.

Apparently over 7,000 people pre-registered for Absolute World and over 2,000 of those registrants visited the sales office to pick up their information package.

A couple of realtor friends of mine went on Thursday night, said it was a zoo, and frustrating, because by the time their 'number' came up, most of the good suites were already sold...

This is all fantastic news....if this project helps to convince other builders to raise the bar in architecture in the GTA, then it will have been for everyone's good....I have a feeling that Daniels' have held off releasing the the next phase of their Mississauga project, waiting to see how this worked out...

kudos to fernbrook for showing that better architecture will sell at a premium....:)

I just got an email from them saying:

"The Grand Opening for absoluteworld has been postponed until further notice. We will contact you with more information as it becomes available."

And The Misfits is on PBS tomorrow. Always preferred her "sixties" look to her Gentlemen Prefer Blondes-1950s look, with the exception of Billy Wilder's Some Like it Hot.

If the shape will be created merely by varying balcony size, won't the undulations end up being far less dramatic than depicted in the current rendering?

I think the 'Bony Marilyn' rendering already suggests how much charm she's lost by shedding the initial bodacious avoirdupois that Mr. Ma bestowed on her.

But even the bony rendering depicts the actual floorplates undulating.

Absolute model photo

From a friend of a friend. Looks good, but crazy next to those other towers.

Marilyn.jpg

That looks simply awesome. Hopefully it will inspire further "crazy" towers in the future for 'Sauga.

Back