Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Yeah, it's Etobicoke Centennial Park, not Mississauga Centennial Park. Also in fact; Etobicoke's civic centre is on the west side of the 427. So, really, Etobicoke's just getting rolling by the time you hit the 427... culminating, of course, with the republic, I mean the neighbourhood of Markland Wood. Ah, Markland... the suburban Canadian dream.

Well I'll be ...

I always had it in my head that when I got west of 427 that I was in Mississauga. Guess I never put that much thought into it. Still, this section of highrises along the 427 are pretty boring suburban boxes and IMO don't compare to Mississauga City Centre now that Absolut is there. These two buildings make Mississauga at least the 5th most impressive skyline in the country. (now if you're talking street level, you may have a good case for Etobicoke CC

My most impressive skylines in the country:
1. Toronto
2. Vancouver
3. Calgary
4. Montreal
5. Mississauga (Absolute World almost makes me want to put Mississauga ahead of Montreal .... almost)

Last edited:
Well I'll be ...

I always had it in my head that when I got west of 427 that I was in Mississauga. Guess I never put that much thought into it. Still, this section of highrises along the 427 are pretty boring suburban boxes and IMO don't compare to Mississauga City Centre now that Absolut is there. These two buildings make Mississauga at least the 5th most impressive skyline in the country. (now if you're talking street level, you may have a good case for Etobicoke CC

1. Toronto
2. Vancouver
3. Calgary
4. Montreal
5. Mississauga (Absolute World almost makes me want to put Mississauga ahead of Montreal .... almost)

I think I disagree slightly here -- Montreal's skyline is aided by some fantastic churches and features, for now, a greater number of large distinctive buildings (IMHO) than Calgary. Montreal's skyline also set against the backdrop of Mont Royal, which is unique among major Canadian skylines -- apart from Van. Vancouver on the other hand I find great in terms of 'cityscape,' but the skyline is often flat and (depending on the angle) distinguishing features are few and far between, particularly when viewed from the north. The south view is aided by the mountains, but when the only building that catches the eye off the bat is a rotating restaurant... (compare to the view of Montreal's skyline from Mont Royal or McGill). I've lived in both Montreal and Vancouver and I found the Vancouver less impressive from afar than Montreal's, but more impressive whilst actually in the city (the best view of Van's skyline, IMHO, is either from city hall or rounding Stanley Park near Coal Harbour, when the view back at Coal Harbour shimmers).

Last edited:
Good points, and that order could change with me depending on the day. I realize there is a discussion on this in another thread but my point was that Absolute really takes mississauga's skyline to another level. I am in love with these buildings. 5-10 years ago, mississauga would barely have been a top 10 skyline in Canada. Heck, London's was better.

Well I'll be ...

1. Toronto
2. Vancouver
3. Calgary
4. Montreal

Honestly, I am far impressed with skylines comprised mostly of office towers than residential towers, so Mississauga wouldn't be in my top 5, and Vancouver would be below Calgary and Montreal. Vancouver skyline is too monotonous, and the height limit that holds it back...

1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Vancouver
4. Montreal
5. Edmonton

Those are my top 5.

Good points, and that order could change with me depending on the day. I realize there is a discussion on this in another thread but my point was that Absolute really takes mississauga's skyline to another level. I am in love with these buildings. 5-10 years ago, mississauga would barely have been a top 10 skyline in Canada. Heck, London's was better.

Don't worry Bruvyman, most online skyscraper websites, place Calgary ahead of Montreal. (Even Emporis! gasp! - Google world's greatest skylines and you will see Calgary consistently outdoes Montreal. - scary part is they haven't even included the Bow in their calculations as of yet! )

So don't worry, you're not alone here - I also place Mississauga ahead of Edmonton now, because of these fabulous and curvy ladies. So sexy!!

I thought the same thing when last there, Shocker. Quite a vista ! Too bad they couldn't put some baffles over the eating area though, sounds like a highschool cafeteria in there.

The funny thing was, we could see the fabulous and exotic Missy skyline in the distance, but the c5 sun blinds were down ( there was a curator's talk, with projected visuals, on the ROM's new Nubia Gallery ... ) so we couldn't see any downtown Toronto towers.

from today
20110218052.jpg

20110218054.jpg

MY GOD!!!!!!!

These buildings are causing a HUGE venturi effect with this wind...

The wind speed in between them must be an EASY 100+ KM per hour...

The sound is almost deafening!!!

I wonder if they tested for sound when they had them in a wind tunnel...

I'd hate to have a unit in this venturi...

The balcony glass is shaking like crazy!!!

MY GOD!!!!!!!

These buildings are causing a HUGE venturi effect with this wind...

The wind speed in between them must be an EASY 100+ KM per hour...

The sound is almost deafening!!!

I wonder if they tested for sound when they had them in a wind tunnel...

I'd hate to have a unit in this venturi...

The balcony glass is shaking like crazy!!!

lol ... you do realise that there's 50-70KM winds throughout the GTA tonight right ? :)

Back