Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

How is is it that INDX, Massey, TenYork, etc are sold out or nearly sold out, and this project is still at ~60%. Could it be the large units? or the higher assignment fees? Here's to hoping this will be a non-investor building.

INDX and Massey was lucky and launched right at the height of the market, and also Massey is located steps from the subway while INDX has direct access to the PATH. INDX had clever marketing while Massey relied on the formula they used on Five.
Ten York has Tridel's solid reputation, plenty of press coverage and knew how to attract the investor/broker groups.
INDX, Massey and Ten York had mostly small units (their largest units are in the 800 sq.ft. range with no special penthouse units) while 88 Scott had wide mix with many large and 3 bedroom units which are slower to sell and don't appeal to investors.

Last edited:
I notice that they've stopped advertising for this project in the New Condo Guide and Condo Life. Any ideas what this might mean?

Last I'd heard they were only 60% sold, so I gotta think that they've still got plenty of units available.

I notice that they've stopped advertising for this project in the New Condo Guide and Condo Life. Any ideas what this might mean?

It might meant that in querying their purchasers and other visitors to their marketing suite, they found increasingly smaller proportions of these people identified those publications being what led them to the 88 Scott project.....

It might meant that in querying their purchasers and other visitors to their marketing suite, they found increasingly smaller proportions of these people identified those publications being what led them to the 88 Scott project.....

Still, I'd think that the costs of advertising in those mags would be pretty minimal. I'd guess that even one unit being sold as a result of such advertising would probably make it worthwhile.

Developer confirmed with me today that demolition is scheduled for early this spring and that sales for the project have performed "extremely well".

Good news! :D

Excellent news. This is a favourite of mine. Love the postmodern style. Hope to see more like this, and it will also bring more people into the St Lawrence neighbourhood.

And for anyone tempted to say "PoMo is SO 80s", I would respond by saying, "Hating PoMo is SO 2011!" :)

Great news. I love this building, personally.

I like the building too. I'd prefer the whole thing in the blue glass (I think it's blue) or have the precast the same colour as the rest of the building, giving it more uniformity. they don't have to do that much to it.

I'm with you on the silver color maybe like what ice has with out the frosted dividers between levels though. That first panel we all saw on ice thats what would look really good on 88 scott or even that mirrored like glass on mars would look neat to. It is still to bad about the redesign. But im glade to see something at its hieght going in there.

Back