Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

ICE is too blue, I was thinking something more like this.

71e54d7fd4144ed671b1538c5f9c700d.jpg

Actually...with that glass, a dark base, like black marble would be awesome.

Excellent news. This is a favourite of mine. Love the postmodern style. Hope to see more like this, and it will also bring more people into the St Lawrence neighbourhood.

And for anyone tempted to say "PoMo is SO 80s", I would respond by saying, "Hating PoMo is SO 2011!" :)

please explain why you think postmodernism is "back", according to you.

also, please cite some examples of the "return of postmodernism" in 2012.

yes I like that color and a darker base would be interesting together to but what ever it actually looks like I'm sure it will be well executed. Fyi youranthony1 we're simply having fun using imagination on what could have been. not to be takin as a serious over haling of the design. just saying.

Last edited:
I like the renderings of 88 Scott St too but is it really post-modern in design? It does have setbacks but are setbacks sufficient in themselves to label a building post modern?

Last edited:
please explain why you think postmodernism is "back", according to you.

also, please cite some examples of the "return of postmodernism" in 2012.

I'm not using the word "back", as it never went away, but I would consider Trump and 88 Scott as postmodern designs. Also the new Gehry proposals.

I received an email today stating that they received approval to proceed with the removal of the limestone façade and demolition of the present building. Work is supposed to begin early March.

I'm not using the word "back", as it never went away, but I would consider Trump and 88 Scott as postmodern designs. Also the new Gehry proposals.

I agree with you that 88 Scott has a pomo feel to it. The original design even more so. Trump as well, Gehry on the other hand, not seeing it.

deconstructivism seems more accurate for the gehry proposals. certainly not modernist, but also not post modernist. no classical details in Gehry's work whatsoever.

I'm not judging it, just trying to determine what specific kind of architecture it is. almost all of Gehry's work is deconstructivism, and from what we have seen so far the Gehry/ Mirvish proposal is looking like it will be that as well.

Received an email from Concert today:

88 Scott continues to celebrate significant milestones. In addition to now being over 65% sold, we are excited to announce that demolition of the existing RSA Building is starting in March - it won’t be long before the site at the corner of Scott and Wellington Streets is cleared and construction of 88 Scott begins!

Exciting!

Back