Toronto 400 Wellington West | 38m | 12s | Sorbara | SMV

Compare that to places like Market Wharf and Berczy that had 3 colour combo choices only, take it or leave it. At least here, you can find your own style more or less.

Yes, you can find your own style but how much is going to cost you? you need to upgrade everything to have something nice. at Market Wharf and the Berczy you are limited to 3 or 4 choices but all of them are great and you do not need to spend anything in upgrades as the standards are really good. for instance, how much do you need to pay at 400 Wellington to have the built-in european appliances that are standard at the Berczy? $10-$15k?

Yes, you can find your own style but how much is going to cost you? you need to upgrade everything to have something nice. at Market Wharf and the Berczy you are limited to 3 or 4 choices but all of them are great and you do not need to spend anything in upgrades as the standards are really good. for instance, how much do you need to pay at 400 Wellington to have the built-in european appliances that are standard at the Berczy? $10-$15k?

Agreed that if you want that european look, it is going to cost you $10k and not what Sorbara was selling from day one when I bought in the spring of 2008. The Berczy sold in spring 2010 and was about $150/sqft more expensive so the direct comparison in my example and yours may not be fair at all, depending on your suite size.

Market wharf from I have seen has great base finishes so this may be the best deal out there but the floor plans I saw were not that great compared to 400 Wellington or the Berczy. Its all a matter of balance and what you want.

Agreed that if you want that european look, it is going to cost you $10k and not what Sorbara was selling from day one when I bought in the spring of 2008. The Berczy sold in spring 2010 and was about $150/sqft more expensive so the direct comparison in my example and yours may not be fair at all, depending on your suite size.

Market wharf from I have seen has great base finishes so this may be the best deal out there but the floor plans I saw were not that great compared to 400 Wellington or the Berczy. Its all a matter of balance and what you want.

The reality is people are going to be spending more money on upgrades than they previously thought! I Think the berczy is a better project, in a prime location. I don't know if it's worth paying an extra 150 a square foot but still. I wouldn't be surprised if people spent 10-15k on upgrades for this project!

I think that most people in most new condos are always surprised at how much they can spend when given a choice...you always want something a little bit better to make it your own.
I will spend way more than 10-15k but my suite is large so that it is whatever appropriate that suits the scale of your investment. If I had a 600sqft unit, I would be likely in that 10-15k range.
This is Wellington Street don't forget not CityPlace. I truly believe that higher finishes are a great investment because of its location and the type of person you will get in the future that is not looking for cookie cutter and wants some style.

I took some pictures on Saturday of the site and will post soon.

I think that most people in most new condos are always surprised at how much they can spend when given a choice...you always want something a little bit better to make it your own.
I will spend way more than 10-15k but my suite is large so that it is whatever appropriate that suits the scale of your investment. If I had a 600sqft unit, I would be likely in that 10-15k range.
This is Wellington Street don't forget not CityPlace. I truly believe that higher finishes are a great investment because of its location and the type of person you will get in the future that is not looking for cookie cutter and wants some style.

I took some pictures on Saturday of the site and will post soon.

I guess I am new at this. What kind of finishes are you looking at. I feel that I want to upgrade counter, backsplash cabinets and the bathroom tile and vanities. I would like to upgrade the floor but that will be crazy expensive.

I guess I am new at this. What kind of finishes are you looking at. I feel that I want to upgrade counter, backsplash cabinets and the bathroom tile and vanities. I would like to upgrade the floor but that will be crazy expensive.

Yep, all of those indeed, just don't get carried away.

ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW 400 WELLINGTON OWNERS SITE

I have now setup an exclusive networking site for 400 Wellington owners customized on the NING platform. The purpose is to share information among owners and start building the community.Its live and operational and needs your input. If you are an owner and want to join the group, please email me at 400wellingtonguy@gmail.com.

from today
20110326089.jpg

20110326078.jpg

great pictures jasonzed!!! Looking really good now! Went by it looks like they dropped off some brick pallets. Maybe they will start bricking soon!

Yes, the brick has arrived!
The brick is a bit lighter than I thought it would be but looks ok on the pallet. We'll have to wait to see it up on a few walls to make a final opinion. I wish the red brick would have been a bit more red but I can visualize it working just fine with dark brown window framing and the grey brick banding. It looks better in person than on the computer screen.

The red brick is Hanson's "Sonoma Matt" and the grey brick is Brampton Brick's Finesse "Suave Ebony".

picture029by.jpg

picture036kg.jpg

S'Bus

Last edited:
the brick is going to match the other buildings on the street! This building really keeps with the wellington feel. 500 Wellington should have been a little less glass, but if you are paying 1.5 million for a condo you want a lot of windows!

My previous prediction on the last concrete pour was sometime in March 2011, but that was before I saw that massive 6ft thick main floor slab which was insane in the amount of rebar and its complexity to the surrounding walls. That slowed them down at least an additional 4-6 weeks. The new S'Bus prediction for last pour is last week of April.

If they want to get the building finished by year end 2011, they are going to have to push the masons hard, as their is a lot of brickwork to do. The good news is that a spring start for masonry, is ideal for production!

Concrete Update:
They are still pouring some walls on the 12th floor and will likely start the final roof slab on the building sometime next week. Give it a couple of weeks for that and all concrete should be done by April 15.

Major Mechanical HVAC:
Big equipment showed up yesterday and is on the upper levels awaiting final placement.

Brickwork Update:
Masons are on site and they started the west wall near the garage entrance on the north side of the building. Looks like they are going to work their way around to the front from the back.

S'Bus

Concrete Update:
They are still pouring some walls on the 12th floor and will likely start the final roof slab on the building sometime next week. Give it a couple of weeks for that and all concrete should be done by April 15.

Major Mechanical HVAC:
Big equipment showed up yesterday and is on the upper levels awaiting final placement.

Brickwork Update:
Masons are on site and they started the west wall near the garage entrance on the north side of the building. Looks like they are going to work their way around to the front from the back.

S'Bus

So will the building be finished on time? What do you guys think?

Good estimate on the concrete pouring!

Here are some photos from yesterday. It appears metal studding and drywall work has begun on the second and third floors - another milestone!

This is a shot never shown before as it is looking south from King Street over Brassaii. One of the chillers on the two-storey mechanical room on the 11/12th floor can be seen in the middle.
picture038j.jpg

Some pre-cast showed up unexpectedly this week and some was placed on the commercial space. No rendering have ever shown that before. It was a nice dark tone and will work nice to tie in the front landscaping work.
picture044y.jpg
l

And yet another update on the the south elevation. As Spadinabus stated, looks like most of the work will be 12th floor and ceiling slabs on the north side is what's left to do.
picture048u.jpg

Back