Toronto 400 Wellington West | 38m | 12s | Sorbara | SMV

from sat
20110423114.jpg

20110423113.jpg

20110423091.jpg

Just a followup. Councillor Vaughan's office has confirmed that the WPNA solution has been adopted by City departments and will soon go into reality for any further construction work along Wellington, including work upcoming at the corner of Wellington and Spadina and any upgrades to frontages such as 400 and 500 Wellington that are under construction now. Great news! More info to follow at community meeting.

If you recall, the City and the Wellington Place Neighbourhood Assoication a few years back created a vision for Wellington Street W between Spadina and Portland. Here is a pic again from that greenway. Notice the 3m wide sidewalks which would be a huge improvement to the street.

proposedstreetscapeimpr.jpg

Took the same pic today as well. The masonry on the west elevation is now in full activity.

Here's a pic from the same vantage point looking east behind the building. Alot of glazing is up and looks great!
northwestcornermay6.jpg

This looks promising. The brick fits in with the historical buildings in the area, I'd like to see the other empty lots on Wellington be filled up with buildings like this.

This looks promising. The brick fits in with the historical buildings in the area, I'd like to see the other empty lots on Wellington be filled up with buildings like this.

I agree, it should fit in with the area nicely. There seems to be a lot of space on the main floor. I wonder how much is going to be retail.

Retail on the ground floor is primarily the south portion of the building and then a couple of units on the west side in the alleyway. The amenity space is on the backside of the building.

Pics from May 7th

Insulation on the roof decks appears to be halfway done. Lots of blue rigid insulation all over the place on site. See pics below.

may72.jpg

may71.jpg

may7k.jpg

The Bricking on the west side of the building seems to be going quite well. One can get a feel on how the building is going to look.

Back