Toronto 400 Wellington West | 38m | 12s | Sorbara | SMV

Recent photo

New gravel infill along the laneway and building.

5601151956_97096e2fb9_b.jpg

Good news,
400 Wellington has topped out. All concrete for the 12th floor slab is complete and forms are being stripped and taken down. Only miscellaneous concrete remains for balcony walls etc.
I will get some pics tomorrow before the rain.

wow! Great Pictures! Nicely done! Some great angles there! You must be getting excited as the project looks like it is finally taking shape!

Surprise Precast Headers above Windows

Wow, we got a nice surprise this week with the delivery and installation of semi-circular precast headers above the windows at grade for the commercial units. The renderings showed a flat and almost non-distinguishable header. Nicely done SMV Architects (Dan Cowling)! Classy move.

Pics follow. Masonry is really starting to move now.

precast.jpg

westelevation.jpg

What is happening to the building to the east? Has there been any announcements? I wasn't aware it was sold for redevelopment.

heard c-lounge will be redeveloped (owner of land not re-newing their lease)-heard from real estate agent.

give it 10 yrs entire street will be incredible.

Nice pics. The look of the facade will still greatly impact how this blends with the neighbourhood, but I'm loving the scale of this project! The setback from the street is great for the street and the residents. This is what Minto/Freed should be looking at for scale when creating their project at Front/Bathurst... more likely they'll be looking for inspiration from Cityplace instead.

Wish I bought here... not sure I'd want to be on the north facing side looking into Brassaii though.

heard c-lounge will be redeveloped (owner of land not re-newing their lease)-heard from real estate agent.

give it 10 yrs entire street will be incredible.

Yes I heard the same about c-lounge but east of 400 Wellington is Quadrangle Architects (380 Wellington). Has there been something announced about this site?

Yes I heard the same about c-lounge but east of 400 Wellington is Quadrangle Architects (380 Wellington). Has there been something announced about this site?

380 Wellington has been in play for years with various developers having options on it. I know for one that Sorbara did and let it go in 2007. Don't know what the status of it at the moment. Someone must have dibs right now.
The C Lounge site had community meetings about it back in 2007/2008 with two different iterations of a design but the economic meltdown has stopped it cold. It was a good design, so hopefully it will go ahead.

More Wellington Street news!
Adam Vaughan is hosting a community meeting on May 4 to discuss Clarence Square and Wellington Greenway! Big News!! Please attend if you are interested and show your support to push the City to get on with it.

20110504clarencesquarea.jpg

If you recall, the City and the Wellington Place Neighbourhood Assoication a few years back created a vision for Wellington Street W between Spadina and Portland. Here is a pic again from that greenway. Notice the 3m wide sidewalks which would be a huge improvement to the street.

proposedstreetscapeimpr.jpg

Back