Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Pictures from this morning. Last stop on the man hoist says 38.

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

I really doubt people expecte to see a half-wall that protrudes half a foot from the windows leaving that big of a gap on their sliding doors. There's gotta be some sort of complaint buyers can submit. But then who'll read or do anything about it?

Generally, I consider those small one-bedrooms with sliding doors as fancy Studios. When they have real doors, then it's a x-bedroom.

well, if the plans show the door sliding into a window, there's a good chance it won't close all the way. you're rright though it's pretty ridiculous and I can't really take a bedroom with a sliding door seriously. I have that in my placed. My last place had an actual door, my girlfriend's place has a door and it's more practical..since sometimes if she wakes up early she can watch tv without waking me up. Can't do that with a sliding door.

great shot bruvyman, i don't want to start a huge debate but I think we can say our skyline is now more impressive than everything in north america except New York and Chicago.

great shot bruvyman, i don't want to start a huge debate but I think we can say our skyline is now more impressive than everything in north america except New York and Chicago.

I think it's better than Chicago's skyline, and maybe New York as well. Both Toronto and Chicago have excellent landmark skyscrapers and lots of density, but Chicago's skyline is all buildings. Toronto's CN Tower is like an iconic sculpture that transcends the banality of ordinary skyscrapers (even the best ones architecturally). It takes things to another level. For this reason, I find Chicago's skyline to be less interesting than that of Toronto.

Last edited:
I think it's better than Chicago's skyline, and maybe New York as well. Both Toronto and Chicago have excellent landmark skyscrapers and lots of density, but Chicago's skyline is all buildings. Toronto's CN Tower is like an iconic sculpture that transcends the banality of ordinary skyscrapers (even the best ones architecturally). It takes things to another level. For this reason, I find Chicago's skyline to be less interesting than that of Toronto.

I have no doubt that Toronto's skyline will exceed Chicago's in size within 10 years if things continue at this pace, but I don't think that makes Toronto's skyline better. Different, sure, but not necessarily better. Chicago's skyline will always look more impressive in person because of the positioning. It looks like an "L" with Millennium Park at the right angle, and Lake Shore going right by it, a vantage point Toronto won't have. In photos, Chicago's skyline is right up against the waterfront, while Toronto's goes North, away from the lake. With that said, I think in 10 years, Chicago vs. Toronto skyline debates will get a lot more heated, not like 10 years ago when the only way you could say Toronto's skyline is better is if you were being sarcastic. Please note that I'm not comparing architecture. Strictly skyline massing :)

Sorry for being off topic. I think 300 is looking wonderful. I love the dark cladding and haphazardly arranged balconies/windows/spandrel. Looks great!

sMTer, thanks again for those photos.

This building is actually starting to look good. Whoever picked that balcony glass is a genius!

+1. I'm with you...I love it, actually. The balcony glass looks amazing from the outside of the building. Great choice from that perspective. My only concern for the occupants in the 49 storey building is that, while they are sitting on their balcony looking out, about 1' or more of glass is hanging down from above...which could be distracting. Plus, it does cut down on one's field of vision/view from inside their unit being frosted glass. Doesn't seem an issue in the Loft (15 storey) building with the higher ceilings.

8' ceilings Flrs 3-12
9' ceilings Flrs 13-46
10' ceilings Lofts and penthouses

The east side of the loft building is kind of hypnotic. It's hard to take your eyes off of all that spandrel with the arrangement of black and white panels. It's very confident. It's saying, "I'm spandrel. Look at me".

Last edited:

Back