Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Any plans at this point for the parking lot directly to the west?
What are the possibilities of there being a high rise on this lot? It seems too close to 300 Front for there to be a high rise. Thoughts?

More to the point would be the shadowing issues for Clarence Square that would limit the height of a development here.

Today:

4t39E.jpg

PrczG.jpg

while people may not like the design or shape you gotta agree these seem to be quality materials at least tridel is not making it look cheap

now i expect them to one up this on 10 york

while people may not like the design or shape you gotta agree these seem to be quality materials at least tridel is not making it look cheap

now i expect them to one up this on 10 york

I could see Tridel using the cladding material on that north side wall (facing the transformer station) as the material for the opaque vertical strips running along the E & W elevations of Ten York.

My Aunt and uncle lived beside transformers. He developed lukemia, but was able to beat it, she however, developed colan cancer and passed away a few months later. This location would concern me due to its close proximity. Hoever, its great to see something like this come along. It will do alot of the skyline and hopefully will be a stunner.

I brought up this issue ages ago, but rumour has it, Toronto Hydro is going to be removing that particular transformer as soon as 300 Front is completed (why they didn't remove it before I have no idea, but I'll tell you this, I would NOT but a condo backing onto it!). Never believe what authorities say, there are toxins all over the city which we are completely unaware of. As a teenager, we moved to Port Union and Lawrence Ave, my street, Peppertree Drive, backed on to an empty field, which, as we later discovered was a chemical plant that was simply demolished and covered with top soil. In the years that followed, of the 50 or so homes, 36 of them had occupants that developed various cancers, all with in the same period of time. After hiring a lawyer, we discovered there was lead, formaldehyde, various acids, and caustic soda (to name a few) just inches beneath the top soil. They literally had two huge pools of toxic chemicals you could see from the GO train as you approached the Port Union stop, one green, one yellow, they literally just ploughed over them and build homes on top, it's no wonder so many had cancer, myself included (colon cancer for me). My point is, NEVER believe what they tell you!! If you actually believe a developer would put your health above their profit, you're in for a rude awakening. I haven't lived in that area for 25 years, yet I'm still battling this damn cancer, and the last I heard, the neighbourhood association is still fighting, in court, the company responsible for this tragedy. Each time a settlement is reached, they appeal, and attempt to hide the evidence, it's a long story, but suffice it to say, never trust a builder when they say there's no health risk!

The view south on John Street is probably going to be one of the tower's stronger angles. I'm hoping the courtyard will be the other!

This building looks so bad I can't help but think it might affect the price of resale. Who would want to live inside an embarassment?

Unfortunately it will not (for the better or worse ...)

Back