Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

really?? sales people approaching people just in the area ... that sounds like the way they sell units in HK ... is that a sign the market is doing that poorly and Tridel is desperate? hopefully these were not Tridel staff going door-to-door

Me?

Now I bought ten years back in an 80's building so it was 1,300 sq feet and much less than $600k. We don't have a car and both me an my wife walk to work. Day care is the same. We live above a 24 hour grocery store, the local mall is the Eaton Centre (again a short walk) and the the subway is a block away. So I don't have a backyard (no grass to cut) or a driveway (no snow to clean). And instead of spending an hour or two commuting every day I get to spend it with my two year old (with the second on the way). And my two year loves hanging out in the city. Hell even Cherry Beach is just a 10 minute bus ride if we need nature.

Very stupid indeed.

but you can buy a nice 1200 sq ft house in leslieville, for example, for $500K or less, and have parking, a yard, be close to real amenities, and have neighbours that you actually see.. plus, you are still enjoying the best of the city. i would argue, living in any of the neighbourhoods to the east or west of the downtown core is a far more enjoyable proposition to living in a tower.

nstuch: Ed gave me the grand tour of his building once and it has a large enclosed courtyard garden - even someone like me, who lives in a house and enjoys gardening, would be tempted by such a place if I ever decided to move to a condo. I'd have currant bushes and mulberry trees in the ground and be making jam from them as quick as you could say "Frederick Law Olmsted"!

People selling units on the street? Really? That seems like a bizarre sales tactic to me. My only guess is that it is intended to generate buzz and word of mouth "on the street". Since this project is hardly the Dark Knight I don't see this tactic succeeding.

As for the debate over a real "family" unit with virtuous amenities like a backyard or visible neighbours verses cruddy condo living without the soul of a neighbourhood... c'mon. As Ed pointed out perfectly, there are buildings and units that cater to everyone's unique tastes and no one type of of living should be supposed on someone else. I too live in a Bay St. condo with easy access to the Eaton Centre (local mall), a nice courtyard with gardens, all-night food store below and at least 16 coffee shops within 5 minutes from my bed. I like this for a number of reasons, including: no maitanence, accessible to everything, on the subway and I like my sauna. I'm not sayinig this is the way everyone should live but I'm not willing to spew the virtues of one situation over another.

Tridel's 300 Front Street Sales Representatives

really?? sales people approaching people just in the area ... that sounds like the way they sell units in HK ... is that a sign the market is doing that poorly and Tridel is desperate? hopefully these were not Tridel staff going door-to-door

It definitely was not our sales people.

The official Tridel 300 Front Street sales representatives are:

Chilli Yung:

chilli_yung.jpg

Candyce Charles:

candyce_charles.jpg

Both are long time Tridel employees.

I would be interested in finding out more details and if realtors were representing themselves as Tridel employees.

I'm not sayinig this is the way everyone should live but I'm not willing to spew the virtues of one situation over another.
I'm willing to spew it: contributing to low-density sprawl by living in an oversized detached suburban home is both environmentally and socially irresponsible.

Aerial Composite of 300 Front St W

I just got this from our rendering company showing a composite of the 300 Front building rendering in an aerial looking south to the Toronto Islands and across Lake Ontario.

aerial_composite_wlogo_1000.jpg

Spectacular...thx for sharing this, Tridelwebmaster....:)

as always... thanks for all the great images TWM

wow 300 will really jump out in the urban fabric here ... however I'm not sure if this is to scale since ICON2 (slab bldg in front / northwest of 300) was 18 storeys, however the loft portion of 300 (being 15 storeys) seems substantially higher in this view

Back