News   Jul 12, 2024
 893     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 802     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 333     0 

Toronto 2015 Pan American Games

True, but I could see some other things possibly happening (perhaps some subway expansion if we're lucky, or at least having Transit City expedited).
What subway expansion would benefit the games ... other than the already planned York University extension (which I wouldn't be surprised only opens to Steeles West for 2015, as I expect they will end up prioritizing that piece, rather than have the whole thing late)?

And other than the Scarborough-Malvern LRT, which unfunded TC line would benefit the games?

Well, I think the Electrification of the GO Lakeshore West line will be a good left-over.
Yes, it would be ... I have no idea if that's in the cards for the timeframe on that ... shame about the huge provincial deficit ...

Regardless of the merit for tying Transit City's schedule to the Pan Am Games...

... We'll find out it in just 2 days! :D

What subway expansion would benefit the games ... other than the already planned York University extension (which I wouldn't be surprised only opens to Steeles West for 2015, as I expect they will end up prioritizing that piece, rather than have the whole thing late)?

And other than the Scarborough-Malvern LRT, which unfunded TC line would benefit the games?

Yes, it would be ... I have no idea if that's in the cards for the timeframe on that ... shame about the huge provincial deficit ...

I really don't care whether 'Toronto' gets these games or not anymore, as apparently, Hamilton will build a new Stadium regardless of a PanAm Win or Loss.

Say goodbye to Ivor Wynne
http://www.thespec.com/Opinions/article/664852

Now, in my opinion, it would be best if Senior levels of Gov't were overseeing the Stadium process, as Hamilton tends to F things up very easily. So a PanAm Win would be ideal, yes... but not necessary for Hamilton's needs.

That being said, if getting PanAms ultimately means LRT 100% for sure... then I'll sawy my opinion, but LRT hasn't even been seriously discussed in regards to PanAm ... just suggested. So who knows!?

Does anyone know if there are festivities planned for the announcement on Friday? Any gathering places to hear the announcement?

Woohoo! We are on the verge of winning a second rate sporting event where the bulk of the world's countries are not involved, venues are spread all over the place, and US only brings there second seed athletes. If we can win Hockeyville and an OFSAA tournament we will have scored the trifecta.

I'm not surprised that Toronto is the only bid not to have their head of state show up. Harper didn't bother going. McGuinty and Miller are there.

Ah, you are probably correct - my computer failed to load the live text the first time ... I thought the latest update was "The first ballot results are expected by about 4 p.m" which was clearly out of date.

Miller will be too busy cheering and celebrating to get on his phone to Twitter. The moments before the announcement will be very tense for him and the Toronto bid team.

Ah, you are probably correct - my computer failed to load the live text the first time ... I thought the latest update was "The first ballot results are expected by about 4 p.m" which was clearly out of date.

Is there a way to filter out the inane comments and just get The Star's updates?

Back