News   Jul 12, 2024
 792     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 713     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 304     0 

Toronto 2015 Pan American Games

Question re: the field house: why do such buildings have the athletic track on the outside of the stands? Are they only for training?

Perhaps this is more of a market correction, than a full-on 'crash', per se? I do agree there will be a flood of properties on the market but hey this is Toronto and people immigrate here, right? Will demand plummet that drastically for that long? Regardless, it'll be 2016 at least before these come to market. Things will likely rebound by then.

There is no way to know what the RE market in Toronto will be in 2016, or even 16 months from now. It has unpredictable ups and downs, like any other market.

There is no way to know what the RE market in Toronto will be in 2016, or even 16 months from now. It has unpredictable ups and downs, like any other market.

There's a whole thread on this site w/ an enormous amount of facts on why this is not true at the present time. I will give you that 2016 is a long way away, but I'd say you can count on lower condo starts in Toronto over the next 16 months, except this huge project which cannot be halted or downsized now.

Another image:

k5qE5.png

There's a whole thread on this site w/ an enormous amount of facts on why this is not true at the present time. I will give you that 2016 is a long way away, but I'd say you can count on lower condo starts in Toronto over the next 16 months, except this huge project which cannot be halted or downsized now.

There's a whole thread on this site that says markets are not unpredictable?

Yup Track will be at York. Only thing done so far is street paving and a fence around the site (I know I walk by there everyday lol) The building that is to be demolished has yet to be.

So the soccer stadium, athletics stadium and velodrome information has been released.

TORONTO, Oct. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - Today, Infrastructure Ontario, on behalf of TO2015, the Government of Canada, Province of Ontario, City of Hamilton, City of Toronto, Town of Milton and York University, announce that Ontario Sports Solutions has signed a contract to design, build and finance venues for the Toronto 2015 Games. The Games venues include:

the City of Hamilton's soccer stadium;
the Town of Milton's velodrome, the host venue of the track cycling competition;
York University's stadium, the host venue for athletics competitions; and
the City of Toronto's tracks at the Toronto Track and Field Centre, Birchmount Park Stadium and Centennial Park Stadium, which will be used as warm-up and training facilities during the Games.

The development of these venues will strengthen the economy in the Greater Toronto Area. After the games, they will serve as community-based sports and recreational programming facilities and build healthier, more active communities. They will also leave a lasting legacy for athletes from across Ontario.

Ontario Sports Solutions signed a contract to design, build and finance the project for $206 million. The total project budget will include the final design, build and finance contract as well as transaction fees and other ancillary costs that are being finalized.

Ontario Sports Solutions participated in an open, fair and competitive procurement process that was overseen by an independent fairness monitor and submitted the proposal that delivered the best value for taxpayers. The Ontario Sports Solutions team includes:

Developer: Bouygues Building Canada Inc. / Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.
Design: Cannon Design / Faulkner Browns Architects / Arup Associates
Construction: Bouygues Building Canada Inc. / Kenaidan Contracting Ltd.

Construction of Hamilton's soccer stadium and York University's athletics stadium will begin late 2012. Construction of Milton's velodrome will start in early 2013 and the Toronto tracks development will begin in summer 2014. During construction, the project will boost the regional economy by creating and supporting hundreds of jobs. During the peak of construction at these venues, it is estimated that more than 700 workers will employed.

Infrastructure Ontario is a Crown corporation dedicated to delivering some of the province's larger and more complex infrastructure renewal projects, on time and on budget. It also manages one of the largest real estate portfolios in Canada, offers real estate services, such as asset management and property and land management, and provides the public sector and not-for-profit organizations with long-term financing to renew public infrastructure.

I've heard conflicting stories about that image; some say the finished product will be more fleshed out than this. I fail to see where they could put the rest of it.

Back