News   Jul 10, 2024
 330     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 383     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 582     0 

Toronto 2015 Pan American Games

This whole situation to me just seems like the PCs are running out of gas plants related things to attack the Liberals on, so they are desperately looking for an alternative. The only way they will get office is through populism and the dislike of another party rather than the like of the PCs. They are looking for the next big Liberal scandal, where none appears to exist.

Robert Benzie ‏@robertbenzie 6m

Ian Troop fired as Pan Am CEO, replaced by deputy health minister Saad Rafi, the @TorontoStar has learned. #onpoli

jusbokeh:

Actually he took the position after the eHealth broke the news and the DM at the time resigned. Calling someone a thief when you haven't even come close to establishing a case for personal benefit is a bit problematic, no?

AoD

During the Pan Am Games there will be 9 days with some sort of road closure (all within for the most part in the downtown core). These are for the road related events. 14 events in total.

Robert Benzie ‏@robertbenzie 6m

Ian Troop fired as Pan Am CEO, replaced by deputy health minister Saad Rafi, the @TorontoStar has learned. #onpoli

This guy got a 1/2 million dollar package. Can someone please explain to me how a temporary job ends with a 500,000 dollar pay out? Where can I get jobs like that?

Seriously, who is responsible for these kinds of blunders and how/why does it happen? Anybody have the inside scoop?

Seriously, who is responsible for these kinds of blunders and how/why does it happen? Anybody have the inside scoop?

There is no inside scoop. What rock did you climb out from under? Executive jobs commonly come with big salaries and big severance packages. You sound like that twit Sue Ann Levy.

There is no inside scoop. What rock did you climb out from under? Executive jobs commonly come with big salaries and big severance packages. You sound like that twit Sue Ann Levy.

Especially short/term "project" type jobs that have defined end dates. He would have been expecting a bonus for staying to the end and completing the task on time/on budget. Receiving a parting gift at this point is just an indication that he had done a portion of the task and deserved a portion of that.

If these sort of bonuses are not in place it would be very hard to attract people of quality to these projects.

I am more baffled that he was let go and we have been given no real reason for it. So close to the end of the project this does not seem the wise way to go.....so there has to be a reason, no?

This guy got a 1/2 million dollar package. Can someone please explain to me how a temporary job ends with a 500,000 dollar pay out? Where can I get jobs like that?

These types of pay outs are fairly common for high end (200k+ salaries) jobs. I'm actually amazed its not higher, but thats probably because its a temp job. Usually payouts are closer to 3 or 4 years salary.

The PanAm Games will be a historical turning point for Toronto

The PanAm Games are turning out to be far more important to Toronto than expected. It's coinciding perfectly with a moment in Toronto's history where we need an injection of civic pride post-Rob Ford. Like the Sarsstock Concert, the PanAm Games will become one big coming together party for the city. The PanAm games will feature an opening ceremony that will showcase Toronto's skyline in fireworks, our shared history and bring about city wide street parties. It won't matter that the PanAm games don't have an Olympic sized worldwide audience. The one that matters is right here.

Back