Toronto 175 Cummer | 10.49m | 3s | City of Toronto | Montgomery Sisam

When did I bring up a point regarding walkability? I have maintained it being scarce parkland. When you're a frequent visitor, I'm sure you'd know how grim it normally is to remain in the facility and would rather use portions of the property outside to spend with your loved one.

Sure.

Removing that and pushing them further into their shoebox is disappointing. Yes, there are some that can't even go outside, does that mean the rest should be removed from that privilege?

But ya know, I didn't find that a problem...........I found I could access the ravine in behind.

You can see the desire line (a foot path formed by frequent use) that people use.

1618287615413.png

Sure.

But ya know, I didn't find that a problem...........I found I could access the ravine in behind.

You can see the desire line (a foot path formed by frequent use) that people use.

View attachment 312302
From an aerial view it fits your narrative but if you actually passed this site, you'd realize this back path is not maintained during the winter (unlike the front) and it's rather hilly and on an incline. The second you go further east in this shot, you enter a proper ravine with only a foot path which becomes cut off by a creek. It's not passable unless you want to get wet. This is not sustainable to individuals who require assistance.

I'll say despite our differences in opinion, I appreciate your insight despite your assumption that I am selfish and unaware of others.

And it's so tiring to see the same activists who do nothing to support the very cause they promote but mash buttons on a keyboard with a sense of superiority.
...and we move to the ad hominem. :rolleyes:

And was his post not ad hominem? 😆
Calling someone out for being a bad actor is not actually a personal attack. No more than calling a snake oil salesperson's claims full of bunk.

The choice comes down to whether you acknowledge that and correct your approach. Or whether you lash out while digging in...especially when the evidence being presented is not in your favour.

...and I'll leave at that.

Last edited:
Calling someone out for being a bad actor is not actually a personal attack. No more than calling a snake oil salesperson's claims full of bunk.

The choice comes down to whether you acknowledge that and correct your approach. Or whether you lash out while digging in...especially when the evidence being presented is not in your favour.

...and I'll leave at that.
Hmm... Anti-housing.. selfish... not personal attacks and not a judgement based off a couple sentences on a forum page? When you call a snake oil salesperson claims full of bunk that implies some thought and dialogue is had to expose that individual, not some nasty conclusive thoughts with pure laziness and lack of intent to respond.

The choice comes down to your bias, which is very clear. You can cloud your objectiveness with the drivel posted to label me with fallacies and discourage dialogue that you may be uncomfortable with which is a commonality in today's time. Fine by me.

What's supportive when they have to travel 30 minutes-1 hour for groceries at chains that are more expensive than others?
What's supportive when they have to walk 20 minutes for a cup of coffee at Tim Hortons?
What's supportive when there's not an employment centre in sight and they're an hour walking or two busses away from a local strip mall?
What's supportive when they're placed on a low density road with each busses on the routes serve an average wait of 20-30 minutes per bus before they even reach a station?
What's supportive when they have to walk an hour to the Shoppers Drug Mart?

I mean it's a place to stay, but where the heck are they going to go in order to kick on with their lives? Let's just pretend they'll find a magical way to get a car. Great idea!

Yonge Street is less than a 10 minute walk from 175 Cummer, 3 mins by bike.

If you’re truly concerned about the transit connectivity of this site, I’d suggest writing to your MPP and Metrolinx about the threatened removal of the Cummer station from the Yonge Street North Subway Extension.

And to Bike Share Toronto in support of a North York expansion. Would love to see stops on Willowdale, Finch and Cummer.

Hmm... Anti-housing.. selfish... not personal attacks and not a judgement based off a couple sentences on a forum page? When you call a snake oil salesperson claims full of bunk that implies some thought and dialogue is had to expose that individual, not some nasty conclusive thoughts with pure laziness and lack of intent to respond.

The choice comes down to your bias, which is very clear. You can cloud your objectiveness with the drivel posted to label me with fallacies and discourage dialogue that you may be uncomfortable with which is a commonality in today's time. Fine by me.
Yep, you seem to equate criticisms as personal attacks...especially the uncomfortable ones. As opposed to name calling, which is a personal attack. Least that's what I gather in the projecting...

...in the end and the bottom line, you don't appreciated marginalized groups moving into you neighbourhood. No matter what flowery words, "progressive" pandering or apologetics you use to defend that position. And without irony while claiming in so many words we're elitests for disagreeing with you.

Yep, you seem to equate criticisms as personal attacks...especially the uncomfortable ones. As opposed to name calling, which is a personal attack. Least that's what I gather in the projecting...

...in the end and the bottom line, you don't appreciated marginalized groups moving into you neighbourhood. No matter what flowery words, "progressive" pandering or apologetics you use to defend that position. And without irony while claiming in so many words we're elitests for disagreeing with you.
Just as you equated my criticism to a personal attack, it's all subjective and due to your unconscious bias. I have done zero name calling.

...in the end and the bottom line, you cannot make any harsh conclusions about those very marginalized groups as you don't know me and don't know what I even do for the people across the street in the facility in question. Rather than add any input or merit to the discussion, you continue to clog up the message board with arguments centered around fallacies, how I chose to articulate and other assumptions of my character w/o knowing me. Keep it up Naruto boy, you're a gem.

Yonge Street is less than a 10 minute walk from 175 Cummer, 3 mins by bike.

If you’re truly concerned about the transit connectivity of this site, I’d suggest writing to your MPP and Metrolinx about the threatened removal of the Cummer station from the Yonge Street North Subway Extension.

And to Bike Share Toronto in support of a North York expansion. Would love to see stops on Willowdale, Finch and Cummer.
Yonge and Cummer, yes. Which already has a shelter there by the way. Tell me what amenities lie at Yonge and Cummer sir?

Rather than suggesting I write to my local MPP or a governing body, I'd rather have a moderate discussion on the site selection and it's merit in setting these at-risk individuals up for success. Isn't that a portion of the use case for this forum? I don't understand how any conflicting view on this page is automatically met with resistance and a lazy response to message some politician. You all seem to have opinions on my character but don't seem to have any on this particular matter apart from "it's better than nothing." Only person who has demonstrated this capability is @Northern Light and even then he started off by insulting me. 😆

You all seem to have opinions on my character but don't seem to have any on this particular matter apart from "it's better than nothing.

Where there is a housing crisis; and there is one (partial) solution on the table, however imperfect it may be, it is indeed better than nothing or the status quo.

If one wishes to argue that there is a better solution to be had, hopefully with comparable haste, then the onus is on the arguer to make that case.

" Only person who has demonstrated this capability is @Northern Light and even then he started off by insulting me. 😆

I don't believe this is accurate; if you go back and read my first post in response to yours, I don't think you'll find any name calling; or insults. That's post #18

Linked here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...o-modular-montgomery-sisam.32063/post-1676159

If you review your post above that, #17, I think you'll find that your very first sentence was a bomb thrown at people you'd never met, nor yet engaged in any constructive discussion, accusing them of hypocrisy.

That's not really the way to endear yourself to people if you wish to engage in constructive dialogue.

That first post also used words like 'targeted' that convey an impression that your neighbourhood is being victimized. Which when coming from people who largely own homes in the 1.5M-3M range and lobbed in the direction of 64 people who are homeless seems at least a bit callous.

You may well have not intended to give that impression; but you did.

Rather than revisiting the last series of posts point for point; I would say this.

I'm happy to engage in a constructive dialogue on almost any subject from almost any perspective.

But it must be constructive; polite, based around facts, and bring something discussable to the table.

To achieve that:

Steer clear of telling people what they do or don't know...........let people establish that through their posts.

and

Respect points of view different from your own, as you would ask others to do.

Your insult to @UtakataNoAnnex above seems to contradict your suggestion that you're not engaging in attacks.

Finally:

If you truly believe there are better solutions to the crisis at hand; bring forward the evidence.

It is not incumbent on everyone else to argue your case for you; or to accept any assertion you may make as the absolute truth.

Last edited:
Your insult to @UtakataNoAnnex above seems to contradict your suggestion that you're not engaging in attacks.
And in case folks are wondering, while being called "Naruto boy" maybe flattering to some, its intention to me was meant to be derogatory...in the same way someone calling me "princess" or "sweety" in a dispute over something, which is what I usually get. It's intent is to demean and marginalize myself because I was refusing to agree on the issue of contention. Followed by "you're a gem", was particularly telling of that.

As well as for the FYI, while there is a character in Naruto named Utakata, that was not origin of my handle. To which I had long before said character was introduced I believe - loosely translated it means "poem fragments".

And finally, what Northern Light-san just said. <3

Vacant swaths of land right next to a subway station, but let's decide to cram a modular housing block on top of an old folks home with their only accessible parkland.

finch.jpg
Screen-Shot-2013-05-06-at-12.14.26-AM.png
You're arguing that housing should be built in a hydro corridor? Good luck with that one.

Back