Toronto 175 Cummer | 10.49m | 3s | City of Toronto | Montgomery Sisam

I see you've never walked the neighbourhood, that path literally feeds into an unwalkable ravine behind the rehab facility there. Whatever distracts you again from the core argument to continue to push your agenda though.

LMAO.............Clearly you have never walked the neighbourhood................

That ravine has a paved trail running through it!

1618285563041.png

1618285811264.png

Attachments

• 1618285686839.png
    1618285686839.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 147
Yes. Why would the impact on someone with more money, rate as more important than someone with less?

This is actually a decent argument. Not to give you ammunition, but stick to this one........it makes you look less selfish and more aware of the needs of others.

This is a bad argument. You completely ignored the facts above.

Good, neither does the City in the chart I posted above. Dark Green are actual parks. That's not the colour of the hydro corridor.

A fine question; and one I would know the answer to, even if I didn't use google street view................because my best friend's mother spent some of her last days here............and I was a regular visitor.

Putting aside that sadly, most residents can't get out for a stroll on their own...........for those that can................this is the rear of the property.

View attachment 312277

As you can see, it runs behind all of the buildings:

View attachment 312278

View attachment 312279

It would probably benefit from a paved pathway to make it easier for those using mobility aids, and some benches...........you should raise that concern, since you care for the welfare of the residents/patients here.

The City doesn't own that land. I'm sure if you and your neighbours offered to buy it, this could be reconsidered.

Because housing under a hydro corridor isn't legal as a matter of law................?

And because the City doesn't own the land?
Eh.. you took literally one piece out of multiple sentences and ran with it to conclude that I'm selfish and un-aware of others. Fair play.

I don't need a view into the property, I live across the street from this facility and have lived here for close to 20 years. I'm not against the homeless in our neighbourhood, we already have a converted facility designated as a shelter up the road on Yonge Street, which has a lot more access to amenities than this site.

I'm oblivious to City land ownership and I'd rather focus on the fact that placing at-risk homeless in an isolated canvas can be disastrous and I'm sure academia will have various studies on these modular homes being placed in suburban neighbourhoods and whether those individuals are being set up for success.

I am more concerned about them being isolated from the one amenity that matters - a home. Surely, you are concerned about that too, now that we seem to have found a solution regarding that parkspace fronting Cummer?

AoD
The narrow minded thinking that always leads to bandaid solutions. Touche!

It’s just tiring to see anti-housing activists frame their self-interest in the language of progressives. That’s all.
And it's so tiring to see the same activists who do nothing to support the very cause they promote but mash buttons on a keyboard with a sense of superiority.

Eh.. you took literally one piece out of multiple sentences and ran with it to conclude that I'm selfish and un-aware of others. Fair play.

That's not actually what I said.............though I confess it does look that way.

I don't need a view into the property, I live across the street from this facility and have lived here for close to 20 years. I'm not against the homeless in our neighbourhood, we already have a converted facility designated as a shelter up the road on Yonge Street, which has a lot more access to amenities than this site.

That's fine as far as it goes..........though it's more than a stretch suggesting Yonge is the same neighbourhood.

I'm oblivious to City land ownership

Right, but the City's bank account isn't.

If the City doesn't own it, someone has to pay to buy it.

and I'd rather focus on the fact that placing at-risk homeless in an isolated canvas can be disastrous

Possibly; though not likely near as bad as actually sleeping on the street or in a shelter.

and I'm sure academia will have various studies on these modular homes being placed in suburban neighbourhoods and whether those individuals are being set up for success.

Doubtless we could do better by the needy..........get out your cheque book...........(to use a now quaint reference)............

That's not actually what I said.............though I confess it does look that way.

That's fine as far as it goes..........though it's more than a stretch suggesting Yonge is the same neighbourhood.

Right, but the City's bank account isn't.

If the City doesn't own it, someone has to pay to buy it.

Possibly; though not likely near as bad as actually sleeping on the street or in a shelter.

Doubtless we could do better by the needy..........get out your cheque book...........(to use a now quaint reference)............
I am sure we could do better, we chose not to. The city doesn't have a problem expropriating land when it comes to addressing certain "projects."

Walk through that path for more than a minute and a half and then take another picture please. The path even in your map below cuts off.

How far do you think seniors who require long-term care are walking?

This section on the west side of Willowdale (across the street is 200M)

1618286610232.png

This section on the west side is paved for the distance of the solid line........roughly 300M

1618286736083.png

I suspect that is sufficient to the needs of the majority there.............and having been a frequent visitor...............I might know.

Supportive housing is anything but bandaid solutions.

AoD
What's supportive when they have to travel 30 minutes-1 hour for groceries at chains that are more expensive than others?
What's supportive when they have to walk 20 minutes for a cup of coffee at Tim Hortons?
What's supportive when there's not an employment centre in sight and they're an hour walking or two busses away from a local strip mall?
What's supportive when they're placed on a low density road with each busses on the routes serve an average wait of 20-30 minutes per bus before they even reach a station?
What's supportive when they have to walk an hour to the Shoppers Drug Mart?

I mean it's a place to stay, but where the heck are they going to go in order to kick on with their lives? Let's just pretend they'll find a magical way to get a car. Great idea!

What's supportive when they have to travel 30 minutes-1 hour for groceries at chains that are more expensive than others?
What's supportive when they have to walk 20 minutes for a cup of coffee at Tim Hortons?
What's supportive when there's not an employment centre in sight and they're an hour walking or two busses away from a local strip mall?
What's supportive when they're placed on a low density road with each busses on the routes serve an average wait of 20-30 minutes per bus before they even reach a station?
What's supportive when they have to walk an hour to the Shoppers Drug Mart?

I mean it's a place to stay, but where the heck are they going to go in order to kick on with their lives? Let's just pretend they'll find a magical way to get a car. Great idea!

I am sure it is more effective than what they have now - which is nothing? No permanent home, no permanent support, no luxury to worry about walking 20 minutes to a Tim Hortons with a place to return to? Anyways, let's end this charade - you and I both know that your opposition has nothing to do with caring about the "right" site or how effective the homeless can access the services. Your initial scattershot argument and postings gave it away. If you want to spend more time keyboard mashing on here pushing that nonsense, it's your prerogative.

AoD

I am sure it is more effective than what they have now - which is nothing?

AoD
And I am sure there's more effective sites which provides them more than this site in particular. Are you on City council? You seem to be very good at deflecting and concluding with "Hey, it's better than nothing guys!" Proper politician speak. Keep it up.

"ma-93"

And I am sure there's more effective sites which provides them more than this site in particular. Are you on City council? You seem to be very good at deflecting and concluding with "Hey, it's better than nothing guys!" Proper politician speak. Keep it up.

"ma-93"

LMAO,, shows you're new..........

Accusing @AlvinofDiaspar of being shy about his opinions................

Last edited:
How far do you think seniors who require long-term care are walking?

This section on the west side of Willowdale (across the street is 200M)

View attachment 312299

This section on the west side is paved for the distance of the solid line........roughly 300M

View attachment 312300

I suspect that is sufficient to the needs of the majority there.............and having been a frequent visitor...............I might know.
When did I bring up a point regarding walkability? I have maintained it being scarce parkland. When you're a frequent visitor, I'm sure you'd know how grim it normally is to remain in the facility and would rather use portions of the property outside to spend with your loved one. Removing that and pushing them further into their shoebox is disappointing. Yes, there are some that can't even go outside, does that mean the rest should be removed from that privilege?

Back