Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

oh man finally not a box. I was badly fed up of the boxes. went to my dad's gas station and broke 6 or 7 boxes in the backroom yesterday. that made me feel better but my dad got angry at me. btw a very nice office tower. I am really excited to see high quality renders.

Remember that we got a sneak peak of the Sunlife logo on the rendering for 16 York a couple of weeks ago. A rendering we were not meant to see and was requested to be taken down immediately by the rendering artist.

Where there's smoke, there's fire?

So Sunlife is on the market, and 156 Front is just down University from their 30 Year old head office.

Any chance that somebody could post or at least describe the render to us?;)

it was like the old render of 16 York, just had sunlife logo on the top of the building.:D:)

Last edited:
an elevation does not make a building. and suddenly a building that doesn't go straight up is copying another? what if it didn't "lean" like that? would it be copying RBC Dexia?

They both have sloped roofs. Of course, with that logic, every flat roofed building in town has a resemblance.

I guess we will soon know, what people think of the proposed demolition of the bldg. and retention of the façade?

Located one block west of Union Station, Toronto, Ontario, this charming and fully restored property is absolutely central to a thriving downtown community. Originally constructed in 1945, this six storey, 107,000 sq. ft. property has a charming exterior and an exposed brick lobby. With modern building systems and interesting interior spaces, 156 Front Street West is the perfect choice for just the right company. Walk a few blocks in any direction and you’ll pass the very best that downtown Toronto has to offer. Ideally located, 156 Front Street West is filled with character
http://spacelist.ca/p/on/toronto/156_front_st_w/300

sounds like the interior has been completely gutted, and considering the side that would disappear isn't really meant to be visible anyway, I'm fine with it.

I was looking at old renders of 43 simcoe and I think it resembles 43 simcoe a lot. in this one, the curves are more smoother than 43 simcoe.

I don't understand the point of keeping the facade of the building and demolishing the rest. It looks like a wart on the new office tower. Either keep the entire structure, or move it. Keeping one exterior wall, and
calling it heritage preservation is fooling no one. It has been done too many times already, and it's boring, and looks silly.

I don't understand the point of keeping the facade of the building and demolishing the rest. It looks like a wart on the new office tower. Either keep the entire structure, or move it. Keeping one exterior wall, and
calling it heritage preservation is fooling no one. It has been done too many times already, and it's boring, and looks silly.

I agree. If it was up to me, I'd ship all those facades (including the M+G buildings) to some city lot in a new development. West Donlands, East Bayfronts.. This is a sure fire way to give those new areas a feeling of permanency.

Otherwise, this building will end up looking like a barnacle on this fine tower.

870ft is pretty tall for a 54 storey commercial tower is it not? For this height I would expect 60 stories. Why is this tower so tall with only 54 floors planned?

Back