Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

Another bit of shameless self promotion from Cadillac Fairview - an evening shot of the illuminated 'CF' on the cranes (with apologies for the cell phone photo resolution):

16 york.jpg

Attachments

• 16 york.jpg
    16 york.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 587
Another bit of shameless self promotion from Cadillac Fairview - an evening shot of the illuminated 'CF' on the cranes

Looks cool to me.

@sikandar photos (with some photoshop alignment) create an interesting gif of the latest level rising.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Attachments

• ezgif.com-resize.gif
    ezgif.com-resize.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 679
Last edited:
Also love seeing the various weather in the past few weeks. Green roof being green is nice to see.

I'm positive this location has no problem attracting new tenants. I am dying to know what kind of retail will be coming to the retail spaces in both 16 York and at the base of Ice. Retail "C", the biggest retail space will be on York right next to the escalator to the Path entrance doors. Hoping it's a restaurant. Ice's retail space has sat empty since it was built. That space is managed by CF apparently. There is one of those spaces being used as PCL's construction office now. Would like to see some cool shops in there once they vacate.
hope is canadian tire :p

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-114736.pdf

Formally, an amendment to change to a partial closure of York Street now instead of full. More interestingly, includes construction schedule of January 8, 2019 to February 27, 2020.

Even partially closing down York will be a new nightmare for this city. The fact that this is all to build a pseudo-PATH connection that will basically only serve ICE condo residents and 16 York employees at lunch, is even worse. If this was actually a "key objective" first identified in 1996, you'd think it would be better designed to fit into the larger system.

honestly, the only purpose for this tunnel is for ICE residents to shop at Longo's without their jackets in winter.

Back