20200721_084500.jpg
20200721_084558.jpg
20200721_084606.jpg
20200721_084645.jpg
20200721_084703.jpg
20200721_084931.jpg
20200721_085025.jpg
20200721_124203.jpg

This wins the disappointing project of the year award. Looked SOOO much better in the renderings. It looks so cheap in these pictures.

In all fairness, the majority of our new buildings are disappointing. It's a pleasant surprise when something top shelf/beautiful gets built.

This wins the disappointing project of the year award. Looked SOOO much better in the renderings. It looks so cheap in these pictures.

It's awful. It looks like the developer literally didn't give a shit. It's bad when a condo can't even surpass what TCHC is building (and that's no disrespect to TCHC).

It's awful. It looks like the developer literally didn't give a shit. It's bad when a condo can't even surpass what TCHC is building (and that's no disrespect to TCHC).
Yeah. It also makes you realize that the photos you see in the renderings are sometimes nothing to do with the final product. Not sure how that’s allowed? Not really fair to the consumer. Fortunately it doesn’t seem to be the case for all builders, or at least to this degree.

There were some dramatic stylistic changes in this building compared to sleek and modern black structure originally shown.

Yeah. It also makes you realize that the photos you see in the renderings are sometimes nothing to do with the final product. Not sure how that’s allowed? Not really fair to the consumer. Fortunately it doesn’t seem to be the case for all builders, or at least to this degree.

There were some dramatic stylistic changes in this building compared to sleek and modern black structure originally shown.

Yea, that has been a problem for a long time with builders. But this on is just really disappointing. Would hate to be a buyer and look at the finished product. They couldn't even use real brick for the small podium. Everything has been value-engineered. Every inch. I see this building every day and it makes me sad. The most prominent side/corner is a mishmash of spandrel. 😐

If I try not to look at the window wall too hard...I'll least give the shape of the building is at least interesting.

...a brown brick cladding instead, similar to the one used on the podium, may have hit this one home.

It looks good from some angles, like that last photo...it's a mundane design, but it could dedinitely be worse. I'm not too upset by the cheapening...although of course, it deoends how bad the podium may or not be.

Back