Toronto 150 Queens Wharf | 96m | 29s | CreateTO | DTAH

1590514516906.png

1590514555337.png

I believe this site also corresponds with the plans for the TCHC Block 36 N development:

I believe this site also corresponds with the plans for the TCHC Block 36 N development:

They are indeed one and the same.

One last gasp for Concord?
I dont think Concord would be interested. They seem to be only interested in seeking that maximum amount of profit, while providing the cheapest quality possible.

This development wouldnt allow them to max profits to the fullest since there would be some kind of RGI component involved, as well as other subsidy forms.

Rumour - Aga Khan's Institution is looking at this property (or nearby properties on Sugar Wharf) to build "rental housing development in the proximity of the Queen’s Wharf area in downtown Toronto. This development will include prayer facilities, as well as spaces for educational and cultural initiatives. The development will consist of units available for rent at market rates as well as affordable housing units based on household income eligibility."

This would meet the goal of the housing now strategy "Support participation by the non-profit and co-op housing sectors and help build capacity in the sectors"

Very interesting developments. Would be great for a second aga khan park in that area.

At least it wouldnt mean demolishing any architecturally significant buildings if they DID go ahead with another Aga Khan Park...unlike the Flemingdon Park project.

Hopefully this lot finally gets developed soon...

150 Queens Wharf Road Community Meeting

Monday, March 8, 2021
7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Online via Webex Events

The City of Toronto is building affordable housing at 150 Queens Wharf Road, which has been part of the City’s vision for the community since master planning began more than 25 years ago.

The City and CreateTO are updating the proposal that was last presented to the public in 2016. The updated proposal will include a combination of affordable rental units and market rental units.

Join us online or by phone on Monday, March 8th for a Community Meeting to learn more about this affordable housing project and the preliminary development concept for the site.

This development is part of the City of Toronto’s Housing Now Initiative and the HousingTO 2020-2030 Action Plan. The City’s target is to approve 40,000 affordable rental and supportive homes by 2030.

From the June Affordable Housing Committee:

Item: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.AH5.3
Report: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2016/ah/bgrd/backgroundfile-94005.pdf

The agreement will provide the proponent with site access through the city-owned Mouth of Creek Park site.

Rendering from RFP - p. 20 of report:

View attachment 78824

View attachment 78825

AoD
Hopefully 5 years from the release of this rendering, THEY CAN DO BETTER

Joe Casey
"Block 36 North, also known as, 150 Queens Wharf Road, is the last block of undeveloped land in CityPlace. This vacant site is located immediately north of the Fort York library branch and just south of the future Rail Deck Park. The land is owned by the City and has been earmarked for new affordable rental housing.

I have been working for a number of years to have affordable housing built at this site. In 2015, City Council requested the Affordable Housing Office to fast-track construction of new affordable rental housing on Block 36 North through the then-new Open Door Program. Subsequently, City staff reported to Council to recommend approval of the proposal, and consultation meetings were held in the community. In 2016, I secured Council approval for construction, but unfortunately, the project did not advance. In early 2020, I again urged staff to re-initiate the project and to advance construction on new affordable housing units.

I am pleased to share today that the affordable housing proposal for 150 Queens Wharf Road is active and advancing. Please join me online or by phone on Monday, March 8, from 7 - 9pm for a Community Consultation Meeting with staff from City Planning, the Housing Secretariat, and CreateTO, to learn more about the preliminary development concept, including the project proposal and timeline. For instructions on how to join and participate in the Community Consultation Meeting on March 8, click here.

The affordable housing at Queens Wharf Road has been part of the City's vision for the community for more than 25 years. This development is part of the Housing Now Initiative and the HousingTO 2020-2030 Action Plan, along with the City's target of creating 40,000 affordable rental and supportive housing units by 2030. To learn more about the Housing Now initiative, visit: www.createto.ca/housingnow"
"

DTAH has been selected by CreateTO to develop a design concept for this future building:

150 Queens Wharf Road

150 Queens Wharf Road represents a unique opportunity for a new state-of-the-art high-rise residential building with an innovative mix of market and affordable rental units, and community-oriented space at grade. It will be the last key built-form piece on Block 36N, overlooking the future Mouth of the Creek park and the proposed RailDeck Park, and will provide an important contribution to the existing neighbourhood, and a more animated public realm.

DTAH was selected by CreateTO to develop a design concept for a new high-rise residential building containing market and affordable units, with community space at street level. This will lead to the establishment of a ‘vision’ for the property that fits well within the context of the existing site and will form the basis of a rezoning application for the future development of the site.

Join online or by phone on Monday, March 8 from 7-9PM EST for a virtual Community Consultation Meeting to learn more about 150 Queens Wharf Road and the preliminary development concept for the site.

Learn more about the project and find out how to join the community meeting here

Back