Toronto 150 Queens Wharf | 96m | 29s | CreateTO | DTAH

New massing and site-plan numbers shared at last-nights web-meeting for this site. Pretty-good on Height, 25 storeys (could always be taller), unit-counts are constrained by small floor-plate because of City's Urban Design Guidelines which hopefully will be relaxed as this process evolves...

A million times better than the 9-storey schmozzle of a plan from 2015.

As always, we could squeeze some time out of that "whole new planning process" --- if we just MZO'd these Afforable-Housing sites on a regular basis for the next few years.

Lets take a look at materials from the March 8th, 2021 presentation:

First the massing model:

1615312028754.png

1615312055204.png

Then a potential architectural expression:

1615312127765.png

1615312156447.png

Some Landscaping Concepts:

1615312208415.png

Project Schedule:

1615312262101.png

Link to the entire presentation, here: https://createto.ca/housingnow/wp-c...sultation-Meeting-Presentation-compressed.pdf

Not bad, but of the five sites discussed in the recent UT main page article https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2021/04/five-housing-now-developments-adding-density-across-city, this seems like the one which could most easily support yet more density by way of a height increase. I previously thought the Kennedy station site was egregious, but it has been increased to be more reasonable with three towers at 22, 30 and 40 storeys. If we can have 40 storeys there, why not here?

Not bad, but of the five sites discussed in the recent UT main page article https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2021/04/five-housing-now-developments-adding-density-across-city, this seems like the one which could most easily support yet more density by way of a height increase. I previously thought the Kennedy station site was egregious, but it has been increased to be more reasonable with three towers at 22, 30 and 40 storeys. If we can have 40 storeys there, why not here?
I think there's some height-issue with Shadow on the nearby Parks and Fort York...? Don't have the details handy.

Our volunteers are just happy to see that it's no longer a 9-storey building like the old 2015 proposal. 🤓

ZBA application submitted:

Development Applications

Project description:
150 Queens Wharf Road Housing Now Zoning By-law Amendment application to facilitate the development of the site for a 29-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 307.0 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 21,593.0 square metres. A total of 282 residential dwelling units are proposed.

I actually had an emotional reaction to this. There's been so much stupidity in governance lately (at all levels) that I was beyond despair. Finally... FINALLY they're doing it right.
"Finally... FINALLY they're doing it right." ---- after a lot of work from our Volunteers over the last 20-months to show them the error of their previous ways....🤓

Pre-COVID VIDEO

Thank you @HousingNowTO for all of your continued efforts. Keep putting the pump on all of our politicians (especially the useless ones who are clueless as to the housing crisis this city has faced for decades).

Back