Toronto 10 St Mary | 197.73m | 60s | Mattamy Homes | a—A

This, to me, has been a badly handled site. All the retail was forced out by tail end of 2021 (my pics show them all vacant from Feb' 22).

Aside from the damage to the urban fabric, this is your marketing starting point, Location.

Having it look shoddier and deader than it was (this wasn't the nicest block) for now 14 months plus, and if they don't get going til next year, maybe over 26 months total is bad form.

I get wanting to clear out the retail decently in advance of anticipated construction, but 1-2 year lag time is just too much.

This, to me, has been a badly handled site. All the retail was forced out by tail end of 2021 (my pics show them all vacant from Feb' 22).

Aside from the damage to the urban fabric, this is your marketing starting point, Location.

Having it look shoddier and deader than it was (this wasn't the nicest block) for now 14 months plus, and if they don't get going til next year, maybe over 26 months total is bad form.

I get wanting to clear out the retail decently in advance of anticipated construction, but 1-2 year lag time is just too much.
Completely agree with you here, having this site sit vacant for all this time doesnt make sense if you're not even planning to proceed with demolition for quite some time.

I figured I may as well upload this, since the site can be seen here as of yesterday.
20230216_125843.jpg

And actually, it's an interesting building in that it was built as an "architect's" sort of office building (the designers Mathers & Haldenby and others were housed here--and E.R.A.'s presence continues the tradition). And it shows in the details: the brick patterning, the tilting casements, etc.

Well, if anything, this potential sacrifice and the pending disfiguration of Scientology are pendants to each other. (And one wonders if the proposed Yonge St HCD will address potential losses like this one.)
I worked for Mathers and Haldenby from 1968 to 1972 as their HQ Quantity Surveyor. They were one of the first architects who realized the cost control would get them more contracts. I worked on their 1mil.sf Robarts Library U of T, Toronto General and St Mike's hospitals and many more. There are many major projects in the GTA that were produced by M&H.
Glad it's not being demolished..

This one apparently got a massive bump when no one was looking; ahem @ProjectEnd LOL

@Paclo will need to revise the title and the DB to reflect an extra 10s with the height now being 60s

Information from the below:

Which is from:

(Cover Letter for 386 Symington )

1704909055635.png

The main changes from the approved minor variance are as follows:
  • Storey count increased from 50 to 60-storeys
  • Height increased from 174.99m to 197.73m
  • Total units increased from 495 to 640
  • Total vehicular parking decreased from 102 to 91
  • Total bicycle parking increased from 544 to 640

Additionally, there have been design changes in the form of volume redistributions, see below diagrams:
CA Supporting Material - Presentation-06.jpg

CA Supporting Material - Presentation-07.jpg

Updated Elevations:
CA Supporting Material - Presentation-32.jpg

Context perspectives:
CA Supporting Material - Presentation-04.jpg

CA Plans-1.jpg

It's the only one of that lot that may actually be getting built, for good or bad...

The main changes from the approved minor variance are as follows:
  • Storey count increased from 50 to 60-storeys
  • Height increased from 174.99m to 197.73m
  • Total units increased from 495 to 640
  • Total vehicular parking decreased from 102 to 91
  • Total bicycle parking increased from 544 to 640

Additionally, there have been design changes in the form of volume redistributions, see below diagrams:
View attachment 532584
View attachment 532585

Updated Elevations:
View attachment 532586

Context perspectives:
View attachment 532583
View attachment 532582
Can you link the AIC? Not showing up for me :https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/u...ent-Toronto-East-York-Agenda-June-21-2023.pdf

Back