Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Those renderings, though early and conceptual, give me the sense that the architects have been playing around with the tower's facade a hell of a lot more than developing any sort of relationship to the historical properties or the streetscape being created outside of where the tower meets the ground. Of course it's early, but I can't help but notice.

no way. I prefer living in a house because for me living in a condo is like living in a cage.

Personally the only thing preventing me from getting a condo downtown is that I do a ton of driving for work and that extra half hoir each morning just to get out of the DT area would kill me. As much as I'm anti-sprawl and pro-transit, I'm a bit of hypocrite since a ton of driving is part of my job description.

Personally the only thing preventing me from getting a condo downtown is that I do a ton of driving for work and that extra half hoir each morning just to get out of the DT area would kill me. As much as I'm anti-sprawl and pro-transit, I'm a bit of hypocrite since a ton of driving is part of my job description.

Similar boat, live closer to DT but work in the 905 ... its worth it ... : - )

guys I love driving and started driving when I was 12 and if I was living in GTA I would not mind driving for an hour to my work but I will live in house.

guys I love driving and started driving when I was 12 and if I was living in GTA I would not mind driving for an hour to my work but I will live in house.

Driving an hour to work in the GTA is not as fun as you might think. Most of that hour would be spent in agonizingly slow traffic.

Driving an hour to work in the GTA is not as fun as you might think. Most of that hour would be spent in agonizingly slow traffic.

lol! driving in GTA is way more sophisticated than driving in my coutry. it has the worst traffic conditions. there are traffic jams for daysssssssss.:(

Those renderings, though early and conceptual, give me the sense that the architects have been playing around with the tower's facade a hell of a lot more than developing any sort of relationship to the historical properties or the streetscape being created outside of where the tower meets the ground. Of course it's early, but I can't help but notice.

Yup, I found the integration with the heritage buildings on Yonge extremely clumsy and I hope the DRP focus on that aspect. The tower looks great, and I hope they use quality cladding for it).

AoD

Yup, I found the integration with the heritage buildings on Yonge extremely clumsy and I hope the DRP focus on that aspect. The tower looks great, and I hope they use quality cladding for it).

AoD

We absolutely need to closely examine wind & shadow impacts from this Blazis monster. The impact of 18 Yorkville and Four Seasons on the street level wind condition is an utter disaster as anyone familiar with this neighborhood would know. Perhaps a mid rise height restriction would be better suited here. The wind tunnel effect threatens the intimacy of the neighborhood.

We absolutely need to closely examine wind & shadow impacts from this Blazis monster. The impact of 18 Yorkville and Four Seasons on the street level wind condition is an utter disaster as anyone familiar with this neighborhood would know. Perhaps a mid rise height restriction would be better suited here. The wind tunnel effect threatens the intimacy of the neighborhood.

CN Tower, we don't always agree, but here we do. Yorkville Ave feels very brisk now. The wind can be painful and I don't remember it always being so. I feel like the Bay & Bloor intersection has stronger wind gusts too.

CN tower likes having mid-rise designations everywhere, especially if it is close to the intersection of 2 subway/LRT lines.

CN tower likes having mid-rise designations everywhere, especially if it is close to the intersection of 2 subway/LRT lines.

I have no problem with 80 storeys at Yonge and Bloor or Yonge and Queen, etc. but Yorkville and Yonge is no place for a 50 storey building. It will destroy the fabric of the neighborhood. This isn't Cityplace or Liberty Village. It's an important area for the city and should be carefully developed. Every time I've visited the area I'm literally blown away by the wind tunnels that exist there and this Blazis monstrosity will only make matters worse.

I haven't seen the shadow studies but can't imagine they don't blanket the street in shade during prime hours as well.

Last edited:
.. this is yonge & bloor. Its literally less than 300 feet away from the intersection. You complained about the post office redevelopment at Yonge and Eglinton as well, a short distance from the future intersection of the Eglinton LRT.

.. this is yonge & bloor. Its literally less than 300 feet away from the intersection. You complained about the post office redevelopment at Yonge and Eglinton as well, a short distance from the future intersection of the Eglinton LRT.

Same rules apply. Precedent setting height in a residential neighborhood will destroy the fabric of it.

Look at Manhattan- you don't see massive towers on every block of the West Village or even along every stretch of Broadway. You see them where they're appropriate.

Back