Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

this thing will b awesome . but these freaking NIMBY's are really pain in the a....

I think the "no height no shadow no noise" ship has sailed for the NIMBYs in Yorkville and on Yonge. I wonder how they will react to Holt Renfrew tower and the planned giant at Cumberland Terrace?

I think the "no height no shadow no noise" ship has sailed for the NIMBYs in Yorkville and on Yonge. I wonder how they will react to Holt Renfrew tower and the planned giant at Cumberland Terrace?

Shadows in public realm will always be of serious concern for planners. Toronto is dark & gloomy enough on its own. It doesn't need Blazis removing more sunlight from the landscape for the sake of more investor driven units.

Shadows in public realm will always be of serious concern for planners. Toronto is dark & gloomy enough on its own. It doesn't need Blazis removing more sunlight from the landscape for the sake of more investor driven units.

why people have problems with shadows, if I was living in a condo in Toronto I would have bought a condo which would have been surrounded by the tall buildings to cast shadow on my condo because sun pissses me off.
i know different people think differently but shadow does not harm anyone.

why people have problems with shadows, if I was living in a condo in Toronto I would have bought a condo which would have been surrounded by the tall buildings to cast shadow on my condo because sun pissses me off.
i know different people think differently but shadow does not harm anyone.

I think shadowing becomes a problem when a school or a park gets impacted by it.

Why is a 58 storey condo only 610ft? Doesn't that seem a tad short for a normal 58 story condo (L Tower is over 660ft, 88 Scott is also over 660ft, the 57 storey Ice Tower is also over 660ft, etc). The floor plates must be pretty short.

Last edited:
Seems to be the standard 9' ceilings

CP8P8l1.jpg

Some shots from the November DRP presentation are now up in a front page story.

The building has the potential to be very elegant, although the fact that it's a Bazis condo designed by Varacalli should give people some pause. I actually think that Bazis/Varacalli have come out with some interesting designs, but the only completed example of their work that I know of - and maybe there are others, please correct me if this is the case - is the dud that is CrystalBlu.

On the plus side, in the event that this building turns out badly, there's the renovated heritage facades along Yonge, so we know what we're getting at street level.

Back