Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

from today
2011001103.jpg

2011001060.jpg

2011001061.jpg

it is so awkward seeing that building just south of the gardiner just demolished and leveled... can someone remind me if we've seen a proposal there?/renders?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say, I remember going to a Leafs game during the first season at the ACC, and the difference between the area then and now is incredible..

I really love that Bremner Blvd.'s 2 vistas in each direction are the ACC and the Skydome, really makes for a good Toronto sports street. (However we need more sports bars along that stretch to really turn it into a sporting events street)

I must say, I remember going to a Leafs game during the first season at the ACC, and the difference between the area then and now is incredible..

I really love that Bremner Blvd.'s 2 vistas in each direction are the ACC and the Skydome, really makes for a good Toronto sports street. (However we need more sports bars along that stretch to really turn it into a sporting events street)

It would be pretty awesome if they did a Yawkey Way type of thing (Fenway Park in Boston), where before and after game time they shut part of the street down to vehicles, and have it as a pedestrian walkway. We would need a few more bars and restaurants on that street though.

So much construction... I love it. And while the pedestrian level might not increase on the street... it's certainly is going to increase underground in the PATH system. All those people, who are going to live in this area will be blessed with goodness, once Union Station is finished and everything gets connected... it might lead to the downtown PATH stores being opened 7 days a week.

it might lead to the downtown PATH stores being opened 7 days a week.

With a few more condos connected to the PATH, that will start to look like a real possibility.

It would be pretty awesome if they did a Yawkey Way type of thing (Fenway Park in Boston), where before and after game time they shut part of the street down to vehicles, and have it as a pedestrian walkway.

For playoff games, the atmosphere would be insane.

For playoff games, the atmosphere would be insane.

I think the Grey Cup would happen before any Leafs, Jays, or Raptors playoff games :p... But yes I agree with you. During the Sens playoff run in 07, Elgin St in Ottawa had an unbelievable atmosphere. Definitely worth duplicating.

Back