Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

i still can't get over the fact that we're getting the exact same 2 towers in that hole. i mean, at least make the 2nd phase slightly taller/shorter than the other to not make them seem so mass produced.

They have a 10 floor difference, no? Or has something changed that I missed?

They have a 10 floor difference, no? Or has something changed that I missed?

I think he meant that Infinity 1 and 2 have been copy-pasted as Infinity 3 and 4.

The worst example of lack of originality -- heck, the lack of caring at all -- in the city.

Last edited:
I think he meant that Infinity 1 and 2 have been copy-pasted as Infinity 3 and 4.

The worst example of lack of originality -- heck, the lack of caring at all -- in the city.

you got it. twin complexes only work if it's something like X and X2, they're similar, but different, whereas Infinity is, like you said, a copy-paste.

from today
20110702101.jpg

20110702102.jpg

20110702104.jpg

The quite monsters about to rise...much more interesting project than One Bloor.:cool:

i like how tall and sleek these towers are going to be, but personally think the One Bloor project is more awesome (and controversial as well!), i'm in shock at the 67 stories number, that is HUGE, it'll be the condo with the 2nd most number of floors in Toronto (and Canada), though not the biggest fan of the designs,

Ah OK sorry, my bad - got it. And I agree, I remember the renderings for INF. 3+4 now and I don't even open that thread anymore. More featureless, green madness.

If I were an owner of a unit without a balcony, I'd have a bit of a concern.

There are strips of semi-transparent glass that wrap around the building on the side without the balconies:

urbantoronto-963-4683.jpg

They usually do not get cleaned from behind, as apparently it's a bylaw that window cleaners are not allowed to carry longer handles when cleaning them, so they're not able to reach behind. And the owner is usually not able to get in behind there either.

I had this problem when I lived at Boutique Condos. I was told my windows would never be cleaned fully.

Then again, the old (I assume) renders, don't show this semi-transparent glass at all.

urbantoronto-963-4686.jpg

That "regulation" would only apply to window washers on a boatswain's chair, not a window washer on a swingstage. Boutique is a smaller, lower-end building and would definitely be done off a chair, Ice is a much larger, higher-end building and would almost definitely be done off a swingstage (and probably a house rig at that).

ICE has potential to be one of the best and most landmark projects downtown. Given its' height and perspective from the Island...I think a Traynor rendering showed it appearing almost as tall as FCP. It will be incredibly impressive coming into downtown along the Gardiner as well.

Back