Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Dont know if this means much....from city planning yesterday.

16 YORK ST

Site Plan Approval 11 213852 STE 20 SA Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Jun 8, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Site plan approval for (Phase 3) of developemtn for a new 32 storey office building complete with retail at grade and 238 sub-surface parking spaces .

glad to see the office component of York Centre/ICE coming through ~

glad to see the office component of York Centre/ICE coming through ~

me too, though i'm not the biggest fan of the design nor bulkiness.
Is there the demand to back up this office tower going up? or are we still a while away for this one to start?

Not sure what you mean by that, if your agreeing or not. To elaborate my position, you have Infinity to the West & Southwest, Ice to the South, MLS to the East, Telus to the Northeast, 18 York to the north and the two other towers of southcore from the Northwest. From a distance all you will be able to see is a thin sliver of the building. Other than from an elevated point and perhaps a select few narrow viewpoints on the ground, the only place you'll be able to see the entire building would be inside that cluster. When you get that close to a building I think most people pay more attention to how it meets the street rather then its massing.

I guess so. I hope they cover the new office building in ceramic or something marvellous to give that corner some flair.

What amazes me is that suddenly, in just a few years - with the exception of that little triangular lot at York and the Gardiner - the city is being completely built out to touch the lake. Just a few years ago, it was brownfields, parking lots and gaps. It's not longer the situation it was - where you used to stand at Harbourfront and look back at the city. Now, standing at the harbour, you are already in the city.

Last edited:
so the sales center will be torn town soon?

It looks that way...I live nearby, passing it everyday. I see that the ramp to the back of the sales office ihas been removed and part of the office on Bremner @ York has been partially fenced off for what appears to be its eventual demise. 1 less parking lot downtown, hopefully.

Last edited:
Cadillac Fairview have deep pockets..they just might go ahead and build this tower with the assumption that in the next three years of construction they can secure an anchor tennant and have it fully leased.

Latest sale center photos.

Pics taken June 10, 2011.

gda3x.jpg

sqflb.jpg

The sales centre is being demolished right now.

i find it sad that they just destroy a perfectly cool-looking building. i know these things are just temporary but still... looks much cooler than my house (or any one elses house for that matter lol!)

Back