Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

icej14.jpg

The race is on.. Infiniti 3 Vs Ice condo.. which one will hit first above the ground.. by the july both will be above grade

Sorry, I think Infinity is clearly in the lead here. Its excavation is one story less deep, and it's pretty much what you can see rising in the photo above. Ice is hidden behind it.

Rumours are Cadillac Fairview is ready to break ground on the office tower. Now at 32 storeys vs the original 31.

Yeah, this one will be the tallest (160 meters) of all the office buildings being proposed, under-construction, and built, down at Southcore.
Of course not including the yet to be announced proposal/vision at 45 Bay.

The race is on.. Infiniti 3 Vs Ice condo.. which one will hit first above the ground.. by the july both will be above grade

No way, ICE won't hit ground level until August at least.

Yeah, this one will be the tallest (160 meters) of all the office buildings being proposed, under-construction, and built, down at Southcore.
Of course not including the yet to be announced proposal/vision at 45 Bay.

It'll be over 500 feet- a legit skyscraper ;) I'm glad they're mixing up the developments here with office, entertainment and retail, it's starting to feel like an actual extension of the downtown rather than a condo campus like City place.

Let's hope it has some serious retail or something to provide some animation. Maple Leaf Square just doesn't animate this district very well.

i think these might end up being our Marina City, in the sense that they are round/circular residential twin towers... i don't think TO has something like this yet,

though i'm not the biggest fan of the design, it's alright, but kinda weird.

Myself, I think Marina city is horrible, not a well aged look at all? Ice should be alot sleeker, and taller, and far shinier,...... perhaps in terms of iconic status Ice might reach that level.
Marina definitly famous.... hate the parking, hate the sea shell look, hate the concrete, Ice will be a far cooler building, but how it looks 40 years from now?.....

sad that considering Infinity is ahead of ICE and that it will go up faster, we might just lose this view of the construction of ICE (view from last pic). Infinity is already up 3 floors

sad that considering Infinity is ahead of ICE and that it will go up faster, we might just lose this view of the construction of ICE (view from last pic). Infinity is already up 3 floors

Thats because Infinty has 2 less floors to build. If you look back some months ago, there a photo of mine that shows the different starting points for both projects.

What I noticed when I shot the photos, water was pouring into the site from the street drain in a down pour that it flooding the lower levels. Simcoe underpass was closed to eveyone with work taking place for the drains in the middle of the underpass.

Jan 19
5373097978_110a22dab3_b.jpg

Jan 16 by Jasonzed
2011016032.jpg

okay, that's why this thing is flying ^^^,
i still can't get over the fact that we're getting the exact same 2 towers in that hole. i mean, at least make the 2nd phase slightly taller/shorter than the other to not make them seem so mass produced.

Back