Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

I like how it went from flying a helicopter to drive a sports car on an airport strip to going home to running on the treadmill/lounging in the steamroom to watching tv. I was expecting the next scene to be sitting on a couch and lifting a cheek to let one out.

While dramatic, percussive music plays.

Cellphone quality, but an decent angle for an update nonetheless:

5422712303_a602cd12a2_b.jpg

this is really great ^^^. the bathtub of ICE and Infinity condos are being built up, and eventually, the 16 york office tower will join them. it would be amazing if they dug out the 16 york site, then we'd get the hugest hole in the ground ever!
Can't wait to see the ICE podium/complex connect in the future with the 16 york one! :D

^ What I want to know is what % of that 97% was sold to people who actually are going to live in the buildings.

As an example of investors vs. owners that I came across today, X Condo currently has 100 condo units for rent in a considerably less desireable area. X has 436 units so a little less than 1/4 of the building will be renters.

And that's not counting the number of people that bought just to flip on completion. The number of lockboxes outside the building is astounding.

And that's not counting the number of people that bought just to flip on completion. The number of lockboxes outside the building is astounding.

I've seen all those lockboxes on the hydro pole across the street. MLS currently shows 47 units for sale.

You'll find with a lot of developments in Toronto on the subway line this is always the case ... you should have seen 'ARC' condos at sheppard and bayview!

Anyway, after 1/2 years things change quickly, and the number of units for sale drops off quickly; So either, a lot of it get's rented or bought by none flippers / or people could be holding it as an investment.

You'll find with a lot of developments in Toronto on the subway line this is always the case ... you should have seen 'ARC' condos at sheppard and bayview!

Anyway, after 1/2 years things change quickly, and the number of units for sale drops off quickly; So either, a lot of it get's rented or bought by none flippers / or people could be holding it as an investment.

That generalization wouldn't apply to this project. If these units were spacious enough to comfortably accomodate a middle-income couple as a primary residence, I would agree, but these are highly awkward unliveable spaces sold at premium prices. They will be flipped and rented out as long as MLS across the street has anything for sale.

Second crane being instaled today. Took pictures and will try to post it here.

Back