News   Jul 15, 2024
 480     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 587     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2.1K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
The Victoria side is pretty well done, considering it's mostly still just a parking garage. And that new Ryerson Chang building across the street is downright hot, imo. Love the copper(?) cladding.

I agree about the Chang... a real gem.

But I don't agree about Victoria Street. Add in a few fake fans and I'd feel like I'm stuck an industrial revolution nightmare ala Chaplin's "Modern Times".

If they had clad Victoria side in opaque glass... like The Met did on it's west face (despite being just a wall), then there would at least be a bit of reflection of some nice stuff across the street... like the aforemention Chang building.

I think the intention is for it to look industrial. Maybe it was the cheapest way of injecting some faux architecture style into this building.

I'm not too concerned with the lighting situation. As we've seen, Metropolis has light pointing both down and up along Victoria St. It's just not turned on yet.

In addition to that, once the Hakim Optical and the government building next to it are replaced by a towering hotel with a well lit lobby, none of this should be a problem.

Nonetheless, once Toronto Life Square turns on it's ads, Victoria st will be a welcome refuge from the epilepsy inducing flash of Dundas Square.

Yeah, the cool-looking glazing on the east side woulda looked great at Yonge and Dundas... what a shame. I also think this building will be fine when completed. It certainly will not be a Torch.

Yeah, the cool-looking glazing on the east side woulda looked great at Yonge and Dundas... what a shame. I also think this building will be fine when completed. It certainly will not be a Torch.

Being relatively new and not knowing all the history...is there a list of top 10 (or it sounds like maybe a 100 from the sentiment on this forum regarding PenEquity / Torch) things to complain about regarding the torch?

Most notably, this thing took forever to develop. It took so long that the hoarding around the site actually fossilized (or so I'm told).

They put the first two video board last night.
I hope that they will do it again tonight.

DSC_0723.jpg

I noticed the construction workers are working late now - I see them doing the sidewalks and gray inserts at 7 or 8pm now. Perhaps they are under tight deadlines to get it finished?

Where did you hear the Hakim Optical & government building will be turned into a hotel?

I noticed the construction workers are working late now - I see them doing the sidewalks and gray inserts at 7 or 8pm now. Perhaps they are under tight deadlines to get it finished?

Where did you hear the Hakim Optical & government building will be turned into a hotel?

It is the final part of the city's dundas - square revitalization plan.

It was released at the same time Metropolis, Torch , and Dundas Square were annouced to the public.

the sale hasn't taken place yet. However as soon as Metropolis is complete the city will put 277 Victoria and the Hakim opitical building up for sale.

Back