News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 672     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I guess I'll add my voice to all the others who thinks this is a total failure.
Yeah, things may change in the future, new better signs etc, but we're in the present and it f********* sucks. Why build something to make it better in the future, when it could have been so great right from the start.

I guess the Futureshop employees have one great view during their lunch breaks .

Upon reading here that they were finally installing the tall convex pieces that will eventually cover the ventilation shafts, I went down to take a look from Dundas Sq, in broad daylight, on Saturday.

I think that a lot of you are being unduly pessimistic. I tend to agree with Caltrane74 that in general this is going to be a tremendous addition to the city. I believe that the slow pace taken by the developer in getting the signage put up has antagonized a lot of people. It's almost like bad will. Maybe we'll finally get over it. But I do like the development a lot. Yonge/Dundas has been a huge problem for a long time.

First: there is nothing at all wrong with the taupe-finished metal background. It is an appropriate backdrop to the huge ads.

Second: the adjacent "Torch" re-do will compliment the TLS signage.

Third: it's a cheesy and crass intersection, it always has been, so, let's just go with that! In fact, let's encourage the advertisers to really celebrate it. In other words, let's see them inject some fun into things.

Reservations: I really do hope that eventually, one major advertiser will contribute something of a three-dimensional piece to this profusion of ads, to give it some relief. A giant Adidas? A truly giant iPhone? something like that. And I agree with whoever wrote that there is too much white light. Some colour is needed. Last reservation is that the Y/D BIA people still indulge in "square abuse" -- renting out the adjacent square to exhibitors and hucksters -- we only need one CNE in this town. I sometimes think these BIA guys wear white socks with dark trousers to imprese their dates.

uh oh.
the tri-vision is also bland white ads. only there's three of them.
yikes.

uh oh.
the tri-vision is also bland white ads. only there's three of them.
yikes.

Ad agencies will come up with eye catching creative media with these boards in time to come. I just look forward to this project being completed, inside and out.
There are panels in the tri-vision for Bell & Sharp Aquos, what is the third?

You people are driving me crazy. For those of us who don't live in the GTA could someone please take and post a picture. I feel like I am listening to a hockey game on the radio. I need a visual. Thank you.

As much as I dislike the weak, unoriginal cop-out of trying to be Times Square, I must say that I just walked up Yonge Street south of Dundas and wow, does it ever have presence when that behemoth of a screen is lit up. The power emanating out from that sign pulls you in. (Wish I had my camera with me).

In the vain of David Letterman's "Is this something?" I'd have to say, yes, this is something.

You people are driving me crazy. For those of us who don't live in the GTA could someone please take and post a picture. I feel like I am listening to a hockey game on the radio. I need a visual. Thank you.

Easy, there are more than enough pictures to 'help you along' in your quest to create a mental image of this building. In fact, some were taken yesterday and are on the page before this one, I believe they are from Dt_Toronto_Geek(thanks!).

The southeast corner section of Future Shop [with it's employee lockers/lunchroom and that other section of empty space] is a major eye sore at night when it's all lit up. It's not very noticeable in the pics, but if anyone goes down there in person, you'll see exactly what I mean.

I saw this with my own eyes the other day. I couldn't believe what I was seeing... terrible design. Sigh... Why am I surprised!!?

Last section for the day being install at 3.45pm Sunday. Crews were setting up to dismantle the crane.

I notice the new sign left panel was a frame behind the rest at this time compare to a hour early where it was fine.
2190296979_c426d8c027_b.jpg

2190295851_c4f4af1356_b.jpg

Imagine if a single advertiser bought that entire center column and put up something really dynamic and captivating.

Key word: Imagine!

Back