News   Jul 16, 2024
 588     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 557     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 689     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Adma: is that a real church? That's so freakin' arch! Even if it's just imagined, I'd love to know the context for the pic.

You might also be interested in the Hallgrimskirkja, the tallest building in Iceland...

hallgrimskirkja.jpg

Now, *that* would be better off looming over the 400 or 404. (Not a knock per se.)

Ah, me. Able to reference the Grundtvigskirke and Josie & The Pussycats in the same day. Musical transcendence...

HOARDING IS COMING DOWN!

Just down at Yonge & Dundas and the BLUE hoarding is coming down on Yonge Street...

Re: HOARDING IS COMING DOWN!

Better than the columns on Bay, but I agree, don't care for the overhangs either. They barely work anyway as shelter - the co-ops on Dundas between Bond and Church are similar examples.

Thanks for the timely photo, yyzer. Too bad I won't be around to witness the decommissioning of the first part of the now-historic structures.

I don't have a problem with overhangs as long as they're not associated with the building being set back from the street.

Looks ok so far, but I think the exterior signage will make or break the Yonge frontage. It's going to need to be big, bright, and garish.

Maybe their using the same signage company that the Eaton's Centre uses. In which case, the overhang is there to protect us from falling signage.

I cannot believe I lived to see the day on which that sidewalk once again saw light.

I'll pass by tomorrow and try to grab some more photos.

Re: Overhangs

Pigeons: Goo-goo, yuppies, goo-goo, we have a new home for our droppings :)

You can no longer see through the big glass overhang on the Bay/Dundas Canadian tire entrance because of all the pigeon droppings.

Back